Fixing VC DMatch for 0.5.X

[KFC]KungFu

This is a simple suggestion and I hope it's considered

Most of the crying about the DM version has to do with the stubby.. jumping... crouching... damage etc...

The cop shotty is just as good if not better but you can't spawnwar with it because noone spawns in one spot with it...

My suggestion...

Eliminate the Robber entirely... Give the VCC the cop shotty for balance with the Cops... And add a spawnwar character who spawns at the DirtRing with Cop Shotty, M4 and M60, Colt, Katana or Chainsaw and MP5. You don't need to give them much ammo since it will be a spawnwar... (This would be a great character to spawn with for easy setup gangwars)

For the ppl who can't live without Stubby... Add it as a pickup in a hard to get to location (like the old spaz) Possibly where the M-4 pickup on the crane is.

If you could make the Sailor, Mex and SS spawn random it would spread gameplay but it's not completely nessesary...

If you can't fix the nade/mollie unlimited throw I would remove that as well

After this I am sure new players will be equal to veterens and noone could complain about glitches for the most part.

Ok I'll spill the beans since you don't know

If you throw a nade/mollie and hold in the button you will continue to throw unlimited nades/mollies

No need to encourage spawnwars everyone who loves them already will continue. This idea removes them from regular gameplay and encourages balance in the regular game. The DirtRing is a great place to fight with plenty of places to hide... you can go to the Blood Ring for 1 on 1s

well ok. but i think spreading spawns (+multiple spawns) will solve the problem

If you throw a nade/mollie and hold in the button you will continue to throw unlimited nades/mollies

sorry, i couldnt be bothered to play vice city deathmatch any more with mta 0.5.

I like the random spawns for Cops. I think that Cop shotty is equal to the stubby now. ppl don't realize it because there is no way to spawnwar with Cop Shotty.

My idea of giving one character the best long range, medium range, short range and Melee weapons and putting them in a great spawnwar location like Dirtring has three reasons...

Great spawnwar spot that's tucked away from regular VC DM action (Plus bloodring is available for 1 vs 1s) and for 1 on 1s it would now be possible for an M60 vrs Shotgun etc... Until now 1 on 1 has meant Stubby most times.

Gangwars would be easy to setup since you could spawn as this character... setup and go

Adding long range weapons to a shotgun war will make it much more difficult

This idea is meant to be a comprimise between the creator's intent and the real world use of the characters.... Noone pays attention to the rivals and enemies etc... It is only about what weapons ppl want and (M60, M4, Shotgun, MP5, Colt and Katana or Chainsaw) is a great set of weapons

Most of the crying about the DM version has to do with the stubby.. jumping... crouching... damage etc...

The cop shotty is just as good if not better but you can't spawnwar with it because noone spawns in one spot with it...

My suggestion...

Eliminate the Robber entirely... Give the VCC the cop shotty for balance with the Cops... And add a spawnwar character who spawns at the DirtRing with Cop Shotty, M4 and M60, Colt, Katana or Chainsaw and MP5. You don't need to give them much ammo since it will be a spawnwar... (This would be a great character to spawn with for easy setup gangwars)

For the ppl who can't live without Stubby... Add it as a pickup in a hard to get to location (like the old spaz) Possibly where the M-4 pickup on the crane is.

If you could make the Sailor, Mex and SS spawn random it would spread gameplay but it's not completely nessesary...

After this I am sure new players will be equal to veterens and noone could complain about glitches for the most part.

that sounds like a good idea....i would like to see that spawnwar to be prawn Island as those spawnwars owned :roll:

Chainsaw... definitely chainsaw :D

I don't know about removing the Robber though. I make it a point now not to spawn robber, mainly because you get caught up in the stubby war and you forget that there are other skins out there.

Towards the end of 0.4 I was starting to love the Mexican again and now they've completely destroyed it. :(

Maybe some combination of the ideas you and Gary have had. Randomising the robber and maybe replace the crusader with this new character... no one uses it any way (and I don't think it's just because of it's random spawns).

Having the new character spawn in the Dirtring is a nice idea - there isn't much around there.

Some might say that they will be too powerful, but if you are able to kill a few people after you spawn, you will probably have all these weapons any way.

My suggestion...

removing everything is not the answer and btw i like the lowering of damage that the MTA team did to the stubby but no jumping is rediculous as all the other players from different spawns can also jump

This would still be fun and the glitches will be the lowest level possible. Gangwars would be easy to setup too... seems like a comprimise

Everyone can jump from every spawn unless they are holding the stubby... crouching seems impossible to disable and the MTA team has done a great job to limit the amount of possible glitching with nades and stubbys...

This idea seems like the only way until Blue