Problem with 3ds max model

-Blaze-

Hey guys ,

so i'm trying to make some objects using 3ds max , but i face an error.

fZJDHO7.png

well , it's a lousy mountain , but look at the part where the rock material meets the sand material. The texture there is sort of distorted, it looks like a bunch of huge pixels there. This problem occurred because i used displacement giving it 100 length and width segments.

i selected couple polygon faces for the rock texture , and the bottom faces for a sand texture. well , it doesn't seem smooth where both texture meet.

is there a way by which i can make the textures smooth or make the meeting points look even?

I don't know how to explain this any better : P

Well, there is a couple ways to solve this problem, the easiest is to use the slice tool on your object and cut 2 straight line with it between the polys (btw your method is not the best but let's stick to your imagination now) and then apply a mixed texture (you'll have make it in PS) to that.

oh , alright , but using the slice tool will create a straight line , and the texture problem will be fixed,

but it wouldn't look realistic since the textures will be divided in equal circles ( mountain shape ). Thanks though!

Any other way ?