Vehicle per player?

Hello, guys.

Well, I just got to Lua straight from PAWN (SA:MP) and there's a little question I want to share with you.

I'm about to create vehicle for player after player joined to the server. Okay, this ain't no problem. The thing is, I just wanna create some kinda ID to that and stick it with player that I would be able to do some action with certain player's vehicle.

In PAWN, it may look like this, that's simple:

new pVehicle[MAX_PLAYERS]; //create dimensional array (is there different name for that in Lua?) which will contain vehicle ID for every player 

//somwhere in some global function which contains playerid parameter (ability to get player id, ain't got no place in MTA by default from what I know, here's the point) 
pVehicle[playerid] = CreateVehicle(..); 

//and then, we can do anything we want with player's vehicle - not all or the last created one 
SetVehiclePos(pVehicle[playerid], ...); 

Is it supposed to be client-side script which is calling just for one player?

Explain, please.

Thanx for any help. ;-)

Something like this I guess:

local pVehicle = {} 
somePlayer = getPlayerFromName( "Mike" ) -- Idk how you get your player, but lets just pick one named Mike for our case 

pVehicle[ somePlayer ] = createVehicle( ... ) 

setElementPosition( pVehicle[ somePlayer ], ... ) 

it would look like this, and server sided, because you want other players to see your vehicle not only you.

local pVehicles = {} 
function createVehicleForPlayer(source) 
    if not pVehicles[source] then          -- If the player doesnt have a vehicle, and source means whoever triggered the "onPlayerJoin" event 
        local x,y,z = getElementPosition(source) -- get the player position 
        vehicleCreated = createVehicle(model, x + 5, y, z + 0.5) -- Create a vehicle near the player 
        if vehicleCreated then 
            pVehicles[source] = true 
        end 
    else                                   -- if the player has a vehicle already 
                               -- warp the player to the vehicle or do something else 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin", root, createVehicleForPlayer) 

note that when the script restarts the array would be lost, you better use a data base.