#mta.gather: Constant team games for everyone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Me and Tali are getting this sorted out, but we need to know a few things...

How many server admins would be happy with running the gather script on their server? The general idea at the moment is that the script will be loaded, then if the server is empty, people can initiate a gather match, and the script will run it and password the server for the duration of the match.

Also, if you would be willing to run this script, would you be happy with idling in the #mta.gather channel for some features of the script?

Btw XcR: I might need some help from you, as I may not have enough time on my hands :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • MTA Team

After some preparations, we've worked a bit on the bot, and on the mta scripts.

We've also decided to make our first gathers in MTA-IRC server, instead of Quakenet network, although, we'll maintain both gather channels.

The project is still alive, so come & idle to #mta.gather channels in Qnet and MTA irc server :D

If this gets big there should be a separate server for this only. If anyone has a free server help tali and mike with this.

i could probably switch the FSL match server over to DM to do it...how many people would be in the private server playing at one time because the box that its hosted on isnt very powerful and there are 3 other servers running on it also.

Today, me, mike, njr and JHXP all had a gangwar script beta test. I think it was a successful test finding many bugs which have been fixed. We are progressing nicely as well ;)

We had a VC and GTA3 gangwar, both having problems which have been solved. Just for the sake of it, here are the results

GTA3:

[Mike & Talidan] 1-2 [JHXP & njr]

-----

GTAVC:

[Talidan & NJR] 1-2 [JHXP & Mike]

-------

It was fun, and it seems things a re progressing well, expect the finsihing date to be soon :D

ps correct me if im worng with the results i have bad memory

GTA3:

[Mike & Talidan] 1-2 [JHXP & njr]

<Cat's Mansion>-----

Hmm weird format choice (straight outta code?) You mean Salvatore's mansion?

Well anyways I can run games and admin them and stuff, but right now I'm working on VCP stuff. Perhaps I'll find time to do somethin this weekend.

Anyways, yes MTA.GATHER is alive. Add it to your auto-join script. GO THERE.