#mta.gather: Constant team games for everyone

JHXP, Mike and have arranged a Gather IRC channel.. You already may know what these are from playing other online games.

How do you define a 'gather? Its basically a clanwar, but in mixed teams, without an fixed date.

For example, i want to go play a team game. I go to IRC, wait for someone to arrange a game. Then i join and play in a team gamemode. No need to arrange wars with other gangs, u can just play with mixed ppl from everywhere.

It is a lobby thing that arranges into team via irc(Thankyou for that [DNA]Jakkass)

If you still dont know what a gather is, (here goes) we're basically going to create an IRC chan, dedicated to forming Gather team games, in which anyone can join a game. There will (hopefully) be an option of playing a Team Deathmatch game or a Gangwar game. The person who arranges it will be able to set the number of players, map etc. It will all be easy to do using irc bots n stuff.

It is not to be fixtured, you go in, wait for a game and join in. It is not a fixed date event, the chan will always be up, with hopefully people waiting to play.

We hope to see you participating.

Please visit our website for more information @ http://www.gather.cjb.net

Thanks to:

Jani and the fr4g team

That random bot creator who's name i cant remember. (cyberdaddy?)

Some other people that i forgot to add cause i cant think straight

Due to confusion the gather games ARE for mta xD

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good idea. I was thinking about this before and it could actually work. It won't have anything to do with clans or anything like that. Its just like halo 2 on xbox live. You are paired with people you don't know and you just kill the other team or play gamemodes. If this were to happen, yes I would come frequently.

• MTA Team

its possible that we'll have to set up such of a channel on another network like Quakenet, but i hope, that it won't be any problem for ya :)

the name of channel will remain the same - #mta.gather

more info will follow

Like patolider said, we used to have "pick ups" (thats what we called them) here in Portugal, and a lot of players enjoy it a lot.

We've also reproduced it in Qnet with some guys from mfC, zor, ms, etc. Everything gone well.

So i vote yes.

Btw, why not in Qnet? I don't want to open a 3rd server window... i'm too lazy... and a lot of clans already have channel @ Qnet...

sorry my bad english but i'm tooo sleepy atm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This can be possible when 0.5.1 is out. We should wait because it will be more organized by colors and spawns. If there are 26 people on a server with different colored shirts, it can work. I can be up to 2, 4, and 6 teams playing. People can be split up by IDs or The leader chooses who is on the team (reminds me of when little kids play dodgeball and choose the best people). A lot of people are always on irc. If this will happen I will always be in irc.

the colours thing is a bonus, the real problem for us was the lack of popularity

yeah we cant really do that much now since loads of ppl are still playing 0.4.1, once 0.5.1 comes out im sure ppl will play all the time, and there will be more servers for it ie more gathers. we will probably use mtama gamemodes to play, and using the irc bot settings can be linked in thru irc. this is what is planned - we may change this though