Let MTA work normally even if gta3.img file is edited but...

tarun

So, as many know when you edit the gta3.img file (like editing a skin for example) in your GTA folder then try to launch MTA. Sometimes, a window appears saying 'Extracting Files' and 'Installing Files', which clears any changes happened to your gta3.img file. It's sometimes annoying because I need to test a skin or a car I designed.

The only solution to fix this is to re-install MTA each time you make a change to gta3.img file which is too annoying and takes much time as I'm supposed to check each change I made in the skin/car to know if it's fine.

I think this restriction was added to prevent some players who use their own edited skins on any server which they can only see so they can enjoy themselves. I noticed when MTA sometimes works after re-installing it while the gta3.img is edited, it's impossible to join any server without asking for an update and re-opening it but you can join map editor normally which all designers need.

So, why not just restrict it for those who are trying to join servers not for those who open MTA and join Map Editor ?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...