MySQL , or phpmyadmin ?

?? Title ??

I wont leave my PC open 24/24 since its on putty, how to make it online 24/7 ?

I've installed MySQL in my server and still resources doesnt work, some people told me i need phpmyadmin what is this?

Edited by Guest
wtf is that screen?

I gave you that link for a reason.

Linux Screen allows you to:

Use multiple shell windows from a single SSH session.

Keep a shell active even through network disruptions.

Disconnect and re-connect to a shell sessions from multiple locations.

Run a long running process without maintaining an active shell session.

If this sounds like stuff you can use, check our our 2 minute quick-start video below or read on for more details on how to use screen.

Also i download a file libmysql.so.16 from mta sa wiki, for MySQL, it didnt work, there is some scripts that didnt even work, it outputs SQL errors, like Bank and Trading and groups stuffs.

And you can't randomly download any shared library and expect it to work. What architecture was it compiled for and more importantly what architecture was your server compiled for? (x32/x64?) Under what operating system do you run your server? Under what distribution? (Debian/CentOS?) What architecture is your operating system? etc.

You can't just pop a question like "My dog died and I want to know why!" and expect me to give you an appropriate answer. Jeezus people, if you can't ask a question properly and/or you're not capable of understanding the answer then why even bother.

Make sure you have an updated OS.

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade 

Make sure you installed the MySQL server.

apt-get install mysql-server 

As for that library that you're looking for. I believe it can be found in the Squeeze distribution of Debian. And to install packages from older distributions. You need to edit your sources.list file to include those older distributions as well. Although I don't think that's the solution for this case. Because the MySQL server that comes with your current distribution (5.5?) wouldn't like working with libraries from your older distribution (5.1?).

I don't know what's your current situation and I haven't developed anything with the MySQL module so I wouldn't exactly know what to recommend.