Looking for owners of popular servers

eAi

If you run a server which is regularily full (or very nearly) and have problems with the current MTAServer (0.5)'s memory usage, can you please contact me. We've traced where we suspect the memory leak is and fixed it, and we'd like to test in a real-world situation.

Please don't apply unless you run a popular server, and can update the server executable yourself (i.e. not rented from a game server provider).

If this fix proves to fix this issue, we'll release it ASAP to all server owners.

Many thanks,

eAi

mike, its a memory leak and more players in server, larger the memory grows, and it will keep growing until you reach an unstable size, or you run out of memory. What you can do until this server fix releases is have your server reboot every hour, set up a chron job in linux to do it... my server is windows so i set up a task with this command and in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM,

taskkill /fi "IMAGENAME eq MTAServer.exe" /F

need taskkill program from windows 2k3 resource kit to execute this command though....

you will need a loop script or have the server set up as a service for it to auto-reboot though

anyway thought i would post this for now until the server fix is out

vap3r has just been testing out a new server I sent him (no, don't ask him for it) and reports that the memory is much more stable now. We will probably release a server update tommorrow, depending if any other issues arise. The fixes that will be in this update for certain are:

- Fix for PM crash

- Fix for Admin+ joining a non Admin+ server

- Fix for memory leaks (and some minor ones)

- Fix for server name being too long

There are some other issues we will also be looking into, we may fix these too. Please post a new topic if you know of any other bugs that aren't in the Known Issues thread.

eAi