FreeBSD compile only runs on 5.3 due to compile dependencies

Killing

The freebsd compile has be done on a 5.3 box with dynamic libs and hence will only run on a 5.3 unfortunately we are not in a position to upgrade our 100+ machines to 5.3 so require a 5.2 compile. Should be just a quick recompile. If you dont have a box to do this one feel free to contact me.

The freebsd compile has be done on a 5.3 box with dynamic libs and hence will only run on a 5.3 unfortunately we are not in a position to upgrade our 100+ machines to 5.3 so require a 5.2 compile. Should be just a quick recompile. If you dont have a box to do this one feel free to contact me.

If you are running 5.2 (not even 5.2.1?) mta is the least of your concerns.

Are the dependencies all gcc related? If so you may be able to install a newer

version of gcc to make it work.

• MTA Team
LeIK@! 1omgfgh! NExxtTD reliaese IN C APcoule daty?!? OMFG !11one!

MTA BleU! &7and

Next server release. And no, it's not Blue, it's a patch for 0.5.

The next release will be a new server version. This is to patch some stability issues and the major memory leak we are having.
  • 1 month later...

Is there any plans to provide ether (preferred) source or (grudgingly) binaries to allow for gcc2 users to run a server? Currently my hardware is a mix of Fbsd 4.10 and DragonflyBSD 1.1.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
then he will be dissapointed. MTA is not open source, nor have they announced any plans to go open source in the near future. Let's not be typical linux geeks and moan about it :wink:

Check his post history and you'll see that most of his posts are requesting source code.

• 3 months later...