The stubby isn't fixed

Zircon

So the team eliminated jumping, but in turn allowed switching at any point during the fire animation?

What's this "balanced stubby" feature I was reading about just a few days before the 0.5 release? This isn't balanced...

People are just switching and creating that dreaded warp effect, very similiar to what crouch glitching causes. It's the 0.3 robber style all over again, something that the team ridded of in 0.4, and now it's back.

Why patch one glitch up and leave another one open? Was this intentional? If so, then tell me why right now, because I don't get it.

Leave the stubby alone, fix all of its glitches, or take it out of the game. This is getting old.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh yea, that´s like as lame as if they had killed the semi-nade glitch only to leave the ultra nade glitch in... luckily no one would be that stu..

wait they did do that

Let me sum it up , I can crouch glitch and uber nade glitch , but I can´t sprint holding nades - feeling like a senior citizen - what exactly is fixed ? Haven´t you guys just made sure only extreme gliching is now possible ? How would that be beneficial ?

lol

Tbh, all i think Deathmatch needed was a new set of areas for vehicles, spawns, weapons, etc. I can see how theres been alot of work on the jumping/crouching, but then you left the switch open :? its just as easy as before to glitch.

Ow...and there seems to be a few more connection problems, ive been banned once just by timing out, and sometimes i cant connect, but mainly i just time out alot now.

meh, I have to agree. The stubby players are hardly affected by all of this. They can switch thier weapons on the fly, only difference now is it is a little more work and annoying for the stubby player. :P

It definately does less damage though, feels more balanced there. I think what they need to do, is make a small weapon switch delay.

While better, the fire\hit delay is still not even close to the level of other online games. To hit anyone you have to spray ammo all over and hope you hit. :?

too bad, about the stubby. now ppl will use the weapon switch glitch :? though in shoreside vale the jumping works different, maybe include that in vc deathmatch too? and to prevent the glitch mentioned above, maybe include the reload thing again? (dont think its possible, but otherwise maybe disable crouching?)

Crouching does appear to be disabled while firing (At least from what I've seen and messed with) Basically, it forces you to stand up when you shoot.

Jumping with the stubby removed.. Ok.. Um.. Ok I guess

Everyone's favorite glitch from the end of .4.1 is back and better then ever.. I've been watching 5 robbers do this constant for the past hour. Even the glitchers are saying it's rediculous

Removal of running with Grenades, not a problem really, throwing the grenades now just feels different and you have to get to another weapon to move away quickly

* goes back to GTA III till the patch comes to either remove robber or remove the stubby *

Despite all this problem with the Stubby, the rest of the additions are good. GTA III is awesome now, though I'd love to see Shoreside Vale type stuff in Staunton Island (But I suppose I'm not the only one, nor the first to say it)

I even spent a little time on a stunt server until I saw a Heli noob killing folks and a speed hacked Infernus zooming by me.

first off congrats to the 0.5 team for making things possible, gg on these releases. now to the topic,

i do feel, editing the stubby, with less damage, and weird animations is pretty alienating... not to mention just waiting to be exploited by a large percent of players.

why not keep the stubby pickups and take the robbers stubby from him? maybe give him a regular shotty? or a ruger? or both?

maybe just make the robber spawn in different places?

but i guess opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Good work MTA team I love it. Glad to see the firetruck back! :D The only thing i hate is the stubby glitch, i always hated the stubby but now it's worser then ever.

*goes back to GTA III with Loandal*

Yeah the stubby is back to the lag warp affect witch a 5% chance of hitting(weapon switching thing), The stubby is messed up and needs to be removed untill things can be fixed.

is crouch just not possabile to sycn yet? I dunno if it would fix anything I just want to know.

edit:

with some asm memory patching get the mta cleint to disable the crouch routines in the gtavc.exe. I bet that could work.

I don't know what u have been thinking guys, but in France and holland they are rallying to put 4.1 back on the servers, and i agree with them ...

U destroyed the gameplay we all loved by destroying the stubby, why not just get rid off the glitches? I love using a stubby, but i hate the glitches.

What is more fun then duelling it out jumping around with ur stubby at hand?

News just in: in France servers are reset to 0.4.1

Ok, so what most players want:

-put the stubby back like it was

-remove the glitches (nade and stubby)

-fix the lag cause it is terrible(i have a 6.4mb downstream and 0.5 mb upstream connection)

-fix the crashes

And i read a good tip for u guys a few posts ago: take away the stubby from robbers, if they want it, let them go find it! (or limit the stubby-ammo from robber to 4 or 5)

And if u want MTA to remain popular listen to 80% of the people who play this game, leave the stubby alone, we love it!!!!

P.S. : just for the record, i am not a stubbynoob and lot's of people know me as a fair player :wink:

I'm glad they put weapon switch back in (even if unintentional). Stubby fights are FUN again, with high adrenalin action. I and many other players see absolutely no lag or warping when playing with other low ping players. Maybe there is a problem with 400 pingers and 56kers but you do not want to optimize the game for that.

Taking out weapon switching makes the gameplay akward and slow a molasses. MTA isn't ever goin to be glitch free (at least with this core).

I think alot of complaints about this are coming from the people who were jumpaholics who miss their jumping.

I don't know what u have been thinking guys, but in France and holland they are rallying to put 4.1 back on the servers, and i agree with them ...

U destroyed the gameplay we all loved by destroying the stubby, why not just get rid off the glitches? I love using a stubby, but i hate the glitches.

What is more fun then duelling it out jumping around with ur stubby at hand?

News just in: in France servers are reset to 0.4.1

Ok, so what most players want:

-put the stubby back like it was

-remove the glitches (nade and stubby)

-fix the lag cause it is terrible(i have a 6.4mb downstream and 0.5 mb upstream connection)

-fix the crashes

And i read a good tip for u guys a few posts ago: take away the stubby from robbers, if they want it, let them go find it! (or limit the stubby-ammo from robber to 4 or 5)

And if u want MTA to remain popular listen to 80% of the people who play this game, leave the stubby alone, we love it!!!!

P.S. : just for the record, i am not a stubbynoob and lot's of people know me as a fair player :wink:

We must not be playing the same game. Everyone I talk to says the syncing and lag is MUCH MUCH better in 0.5 Everyone I talk to says they love the 0.3 style stubby with weapon switching.

I'm thinking the people who don't like weapon switcching are probably the ones who were never good at it. They also seem to be the ones who prefer jumping.

I could care less about jumping but anything that forces you to stand still for 5 seconds

after firing will kill gameplay. MTA is much more fun with high adrenalin split second action,

not when i'ts like sitting and watching a slow motion replay.

I disagree with you Nuts...

Its better to have people stubby jumping than .3 stubby glitching...For those of you who dont know about that glitch it basically makes you warp around in hyper speeds...It was never fully removed but it was limited in .4.1 because you had to use the crouch button to breach the reload animation...By allowing 0.3 weapon switching the glitch is easier to use since you dont need to crouch anymore...

The glitch isnt as deadly as it used to be because stubby damage has been decreased but its still extremely effective...

This is not a level playing field by any means...Its not fair that new people to MTA start off with such a SEVERE disadvantage...

Whatever the goals the MTA team had for VCDM they were not reached and in my oppinion its a disaster...

You did not balance anything expecially the stubby...Nade glitching as some have already stated is also still possible...

0.5 VCDM is a failure...

Yeah, Balanced? rofl remove the junp on stubby and make it

(less damage full) Couse all noob's cryed that stubby sucks or isint lame,

just make them same damage and same features just that they have diffrent skins, make an exact stubby on shotgun that whould be balanced not make stubby weak and remove almost all features..