I need a host.

Ma5ter

So pretty much, I have a RPG server, it's all ready, all configured etc. The subject says it all, I need a hosting service that offers a decent amount of performance but also a reasonable price. Since i'm barely starting and a good upload speed of course. Because my server has a large amount of resources (906 of em). I'll only need around 30 slots, but speed is a higher concern at the moment. Maybe I'll even "bribe" the person who gives me the best answer ingame, perhaps 10k ingame money so you can have a nice car :)

Really you can get a barebone host and still have awesome performance with mta servers. I've hosted before on my craptop 30 slots filled no issue.

The issue is moreso my internet connection. I have 20 mbps down, 1.96 mbps up and the download the client's need is pretty large since theres a lot of mods. That's why I need performance.

Well I'm not saying home host, -- Terrible idea, I'm saying you don't an almighty host. Another thing to point out, I had 500kb/s download and upload speed at the time, yet servers download wasn't to bad. Though one issue is, the regular mta download is limited, I'd recommend you set up an HTTP download server for the files as to not take 3 days to download.

Well I'm not saying home host, -- Terrible idea, I'm saying you don't an almighty host. Another thing to point out, I had 500kb/s download and upload speed at the time, yet servers download wasn't to bad. Though one issue is, the regular mta download is limited, I'd recommend you set up an HTTP download server for the files as to not take 3 days to download.

:D I'm ahead of you regarding the HTTP download server. I set up Nginx, though i'm using windows. The download has taken people 2 hours, but thats not reasonable obviously. I'm also using Wamp for a forum, it doesnt have a domain yet...that's a work in progress. If you need a number, the download's 2.50 GBs.

Well even if you did find a VPS with let's say 1GBit/s bandwidth (=20 seconds assuming they don't oversell which literally every host does more or less). Most of your clients won't have very fast connection. I mean common, even 100mbt/s is rare (200 seconds), nobody would wait that long. But alright, let's get back on topic, that's the best case scenario and I guess you know what you're doing so my recommendation would be digital ocean. They got 1GBit/s and I never suffered from overselling so I think that you'll actually get that speed after all. They got plans starting at $5/month and data centers allover America and Europe. Good luck.