90x90 is a little excessive on the avatar size limitation

gotta remember, this is someone else's site, and they are paying the bill for the bandwidth...not that 90x90 or even 150x150 av's eat up bandwidth, but when 1000 posters are posting...the difference between 90 and 150 is usually 1k-10k in file size...if 100 ppl have 100 posts, thats 10,000 avatars, and 10,000 avatars x 10k extra is a lot of extra bandwidth per day.

not flaming you. Just saying why they probably limited it...we limited avatars to our site to 80x80 cuz the bandwidth skyrocketed when we had an influx of over 100 members within two weeks...cost our leader an extra $240 for bandwidth...id say 25% of that was from all the damn avatars

but

i could be wrong (im well known for being a dumbass)

gotta remember, this is someone else's site, and they are paying the bill for the bandwidth...not that 90x90 or even 150x150 av's eat up bandwidth, but when 1000 posters are posting...the difference between 90 and 150 is usually 1k-10k in file size...if 100 ppl have 100 posts, thats 10,000 avatars, and 10,000 avatars x 10k extra is a lot of extra bandwidth per day.

not flaming you. Just saying why they probably limited it...we limited avatars to our site to 80x80 cuz the bandwidth skyrocketed when we had an influx of over 100 members within two weeks...cost our leader an extra $240 for bandwidth...id say 25% of that was from all the damn avatars

but

i could be wrong (im well known for being a dumbass)

You are correct about that dumbass prank. The avatar is saved as a link inside the post, not copied for each post. Say my image was http://www.blackstack.net/t2k2.jpg (which it is). It is an image link each time, not every time i post it is saved with the thread, say that this is thread 741, it would be like https://forum.multitheftauto.com/posts/741/t2k2.jpg, and if i post again it will be t2k2b.jpg or something.

That would take up lots of space, not bandwidth. The "bandwidth" is each time a photo is viewed, which only happens 'when viewed', so if you make a post thats only seen by 5 people, the photo will only be seen 5 times, but you may post in more than one thread and all that, oh god, the math.

I wish they had an exploading head avatar, but this is the best i can do.

:shock: