MultiTheftAuto 0.5 Released!

eAi

they are @ FUNhouse...suprisingly enough.

anyways. i love the nitro and stuff, and it hardly ever crashes, think i crashed once or twice in the whole evening. not that i crashed a lot with mta 0.4...also like 3 or 4 times in 2 hours or something, but this is just muchies better ^^

anyways, is it odd that i like gta III a hell lot of better than vice city? i especially like shoreside in gta III...why are there so few gta III servers and so many vice city servers? :/

edit:

forgot to mention that u've done a good job there mta-team :) thx

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well maybe because there wasn't an updated version for gta3 mta for a long time (till gta3 mta 0.4.1). And i guess more people have vice city than gta3. and vice city deathmatch was very popular in the previous versions, thats why most servers were/are vice city(deathmatch). but i guess its changing already, i mean stunt in mta 0.4.1 was the same as in 0.3r2, but now(mta 0.5) it has been improved a lot, and i see more stunt servers already(its not just an extra any more). also gta3 mta has been improved a lot again, there are a few more gta3 mta servers than before. But most of the servers will still be vice city deathmatch. Though vice city deathmatch wont be the main gamemode to play any more( well thats just the way i see it)

Anyone noticed that stunt is now terribly synced? its pretty crap tbh. Most of the time people are completely out of sync. Nitro or no nitro this is hardly an improvement.

Anyone noticed that stunt is now terribly synced? its pretty crap tbh. Most of the time people are completely out of sync. Nitro or no nitro this is hardly an improvement.

Deathmatch isnt as good either anymore for sync.

I guess they messed with it to get the less crashes.

I have noticed that not many people like the VC deathmatch now. I think there is something missing but I don't know what it is. Twig I agree with you. I wanted to race someone the other day but I couldn't even see them in the car. It should be fixed. Now I always see those guys I used to fight in the deathmatch mode in stunting. It seems to me that a stunting era has begun.

eAi did wrote "In Vice City Stunt, RC vehicles can appear locked when you try to enter them

We're looking into this. This should be fixable by exiting Vice City, and starting the game again."on the known isues for mta0.5 but just stand a bit closer u can enter (hehe eAi u didn't noticed that)

eAi did wrote "In Vice City Stunt, RC vehicles can appear locked when you try to enter them

We're looking into this. This should be fixable by exiting Vice City, and starting the game again."on the known isues for mta0.5 but just stand a bit closer u can enter (hehe eAi u didn't noticed that)

Not all the time.

I've found that sometimes when someone jacks you on an RC, you then can't get on ANY RC no matter where you stand.

Not all the time.

I've found that sometimes when someone jacks you on an RC, you then can't get on ANY RC no matter where you stand.

oh i didn't tried that, son :salute::lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Yo, smooth is the right word.

Well, I got DSL so the lag because of the needed bandwidth is no Prob. But: expect what happened when someone tried to crash or disconnect me with /msg-spamming - rite. nothing. Normally that kicked everyone out. I was even able to play with NO bigger lag. Very good work. Due to the F9 key, no bother at all ;-) . After seeing what has happened to DM, i began to play Stunt. Good, i was a 0.3.1 gamer before, and i still like 0.3.1, but Stunt is really cool.

The only thing i have an idea for is the Boost: instead of using 3 setspeeds with a wait 100? command i would take something more realistic, like:

wait 2?ms

1@ = current carspeed

2@ = 1@

2@ /= 80!

3@ = 1! - - - - - - - - these

3@ /= 2@ - - - - - - - 2 lines just invert 2@/80 to 80/2@; 3@ = 80/1@

1@ *= 3@

Set carspeed = 1@

(I hope the formula is right and i made no mistake in these 50 seconds of intensive thinking of coka cola. Mathematiks, help the stupid physician)

and repeat it 15-30 times. Its Barton-waterduck-code-like. ;-P

But well, its just my idea.

And to the balance of the Playertypes:

I think, in fact, that decides the player. In BF1942 for example, almost no one takes the engineer because he is weak in close combats and not so good in shooting far shots. But he still exists, for those who like his repairing powers.

There was, in fact, never a need to balance anything. The Playertypes which were not Robber or Mexican were mostly used by those who needed theyr powers, like Regeneration or Shields.