Singleplayer with MTA

Pityesz

I enjoy playing MTA so much. When we has time we setup a server for fun, and even play on LAN time to time. But there is some problem with the internet sometime.

I know there are many stream memory fixes was made, but most of them either not work, either isn't as good as the MTA's. It could be good if the singleplayer GTA should be playable through MTA (of course only offline). Then we can enjoy the story with the MTA's performance fix. :)

I am in the process of recreating GTA SA single player missions inside of MultiTheftAuto.

It is a lot of work, I've un-compiled main.scm with Sanny Builder and I'm pretty much re-scripting the instructions for Lua.

If you will be patient I should be done by Summer.

I am currently at:

DEFINE MISSION 29 AT @SMOKE3 // Wrong Side of the Tracks

I basically just follow the instructions.

So I go to the line with SMOKE3 (line: 121935)

and I translate what the instructions is telling the game to do but for Lua:

increment_mission_attempts

player.data[element].mission_attempts = player.data[element].mission_attempts + 1; 

$ONMISSION = 1

player.data[element].on_mission = true; 

set_weather 1

world.data.weather = 1; 

... and so on.

Edited by Guest

I see, this sounds good. My main problem with the original San Andreas was the crash when sometimes I enter the menu, and the mouse also goes int o numb times to times in the game. However there was never a single problem in MTA with these. I just hoped something like making a .bat to run the GTASA.exe through the MTA.exe.

But this is more than better. It will totally fix the random problems I have with the original game.

I am in the process of recreating GTA SA single player missions inside of MultiTheftAuto.

It is a lot of work, I've un-compiled main.scm with Sanny Builder and I'm pretty much re-scripting the instructions for Lua.

That's indeed a great Idea but simply rewriting the code may not help. Don't forgot gta sa is a single player game where as mta is a multiplayer. You have to check the code constantly and carefully trigger between client and server events.

Good luck! :thumbright:

That's indeed a great Idea but simply rewriting the code may not help. Don't forgot gta sa is a single player game where as mta is a multiplayer. You have to check the code constantly and carefully trigger between client and server events.

Good luck! :thumbright:

That's the plan, I'm changing the gameplay, slightly.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is it possible to add those sort of feature in MTA:SA? I thought and also tried but found it's that much of possible in MTA:SA due to many limitations like(traffic, ped decisions, etc.)

I am again saying is it really possible?

Traffic is limitation? Our imagination is only limitation! :D Check out CrystalMV's NPC HLC traffic.

If one had the time, it would be possible to recreate the entire single player (Traffic, stores, girl friends, etc) in MTA.

-- All the cut-scenes have objects that they use, you could temp load those into MTA, and use move object.

-- Traffic could be synced quite well with a good amount of work

-- Trains can easily be done (Me, and other people have already done it)

-- Etc.