Advanced Vehicle Handling by AfterAll14

AfterAll14

Features:

- Engine forces simulation

- Gearbox - manual/automatic

- Aerodynamic forces simulation

Vehicles avaible on my test server (closed for now):

2007 Porsche 997 turbo (480 hp) - Elegy (ID 562)

mta_screen_2016_01_17_10_00_19.png

2008 Nissan GTR R35 (480 hp) - ZR350 (ID 477)

mta_screen_2016_01_17_10_01_04.png

1997 Magirus Otovan (110 hp) - Benson (ID 499)

mta_screen_2016_01_17_10_02_01.png

1983 Toyota AE86 Initial D version (150 hp) - Blista Compact (ID 496)

mta_screen_2016_01_25_14_44_48.png

Updates:

Porsche 997 straight line test:

New vehicle - Magirus Otovan:

New vehicle - Toyota AE86 Initial D version

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Physics updated to v1.22.

New car on server: 1983 Toyota AE86 from Initial D movie.

It has engine power increased to 150hp, improved brakes, racing tyres and drift-like setup. Hope you like it :)

mta_screen_2016_01_25_14_41_59.png

I'm still working on F1 car, but it looks like it is not going to happen soon. I can't find proper sound for it.

How are you using the sound files along with your script? I managed to extract the audio from Project CARS, but wasn't quite sure how to piece it all together. So I simply hooked the idle sound to the engine RPM as a temporary solution.

Maybe it's something you'd find useful? They have quite a few sound cues for each individual car.

Little update.

First of all thanks to @Dealman for supplying sounds from pCARS.

Now I'll try to finish F1 car. But it is not so simple... Well for now I've created normal cars that are only capable to accelerate and turn under 1G and it looked ok. Basically I replaced car engine and aerodynamics. And it looked quite realistic. But when you look into detail it is still bullsh*t, because suspension and tyres are still controlled by GTA physics. And for a car like F1 that capable to go 4G in corners that bullsh*t physics behaviour is very visible. I can release this car in it's current state, but just don't expect anything superior from it. This is basically as much realism as it possible to extract from current physics model. And tbh I'm not very motivated to continue work this direction. Maybe if I won't achieve any progress in my physics model this F1 car would be last.

BUT!!!! I have ideas how to replace GTA default suspension and tyre behavior. So GTA would no longer control anything related to vehicle dynamics. I will try to script this in 1-2 months. So just wait. If I succeed you'll be able to see... something different... If not - most likely I will not continue work, because it's basically it, you can't improve handling anymore...

Really great work dude!!

The physics is amazing!! Rode the ZR-350,amazing! Keep up the good work.

It's really hard to make what you did.. Waiting for new cars :D

Thanks!

Talking about hard work - here is what it takes to make gauges for 1 car:

Hard_Work.jpg

I'm not very good at photoshop, so I make it the way I can - by creating full 3d model and render it then.

I need to spend giant amount of time just to create 1 car. So sorry guys for constantly complaining about motivation. That quality needs really high motivation.