do you want me to write a zmod 3d modeling tutorial?

l2ebel

would anyone want a zmodeler tutorial on how to make 3d models for gta3/vc/(sa)?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. would anyone want a zmodeler tutorial on how to make 3d models for gta3/vc/(sa)?

• yes plz write one, thats something ive always wanted to learn
    • sounds ok, i would at least give it a go

im just setting up this poll to see how many ppl would be interrested on learning how to model, theres some zmod tutorials on the internet but most of them a shitty written or are only for making a car and for other games like nfsu

if i would write a tut i would be posting it all here and if ppl had questions/problems i could reply

another thing is that we can go thru making different models from weapons to cars (well i dont think im going to model a car for this tut but i could help out for most questions, dummies, hierarchy..)

so actually it will be much easier if i show you how to use zmod and you try to do those models yourself, ill just tell you each step you have to do

i might also put it on gta forums later since theres nobody who actually wrote a zmod tutorial in relation to gta 3d and i have quite some free time on my hands atm

tho IF i would write it i guess i would need some little hosting help since there would be like 50 pics to upload (if not more) and maybe some tools like a zmod installer and/or txdworkshop (to make own .txd's)

There are loads of excellent tutorials in the Tutorials section of GTAForums, which is really where you want to be if you are serious about modding the GTA Series. It is there that all the major characters gather, such as Barton Waterduck of Mission Builder fame, Illspirit the Myriad Islands founder. Spooky, Steve-M, Respawn and Delfi all work on their outstanding editors there as well.

This isn't an advert for the forum. GTAforums honestly is the best place for developing modifications that I know of. This is because it was made by the old-time GTA modifiers Jevon, Stilton and Illspirit with some existing webmasters.

There are loads of excellent tutorials in the Tutorials section of GTAForums, which is really where you want to be if you are serious about modding the GTA Series. It is there that all the major characters gather, such as Barton Waterduck of Mission Builder fame, Illspirit the Myriad Islands founder. Spooky, Steve-M, Respawn and Delfi all work on their outstanding editors there as well.

This isn't an advert for the forum. GTAforums honestly is the best place for developing modifications that I know of. This is because it was made by the old-time GTA modifiers Jevon, Stilton and Illspirit with some existing webmasters.

euhm we dont live under a rock, most of us know that, but can you show me a good zmod tut on gtaf?

euhm we dont live under a rock, most of us know that, but can you show me a good zmod tut on gtaf?

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=138100

Thats the only one I can find.

[EDIT]Ah, I didnt know Cerbera from GTAForums played MTA, hi there. 8)

Use the search field at the bottom of the forum listing? One of the few good "features" Invision boards have.

I dare say there are others, those are just a few from what the quick search threw up. If you wanted to find out how to do something specific, then using a more detailed string to search for would bring up more relevant results.

Use the search field at the bottom of the forum listing? One of the few good "features" Invision boards have.

I dare say there are others, those are just a few from what the quick search threw up. If you wanted to find out how to do something specific, then using a more detailed string to search for would bring up more relevant results.

fair enough.

what i want to do here is to write a general explanation of how this programm works, from making your first face to tuning normals to having your model ingame

if anyone wants to search gtaf for hours just to find out how one specific tool works than thats his own thing (hf with that :shock: ) but i know that i could help alot by just starting with basics, and by making examples for each step i do (like making a katana a-z)

well anyways, gonna start writing now and will update it when i can/want

• 2 weeks later...

fair enough.

what i want to do here is to write a general explanation of how this programm works, from making your first face to tuning normals to having your model ingame

if anyone wants to search gtaf for hours just to find out how one specific tool works than thats his own thing (hf with that :shock: ) but i know that i could help alot by just starting with basics, and by making examples for each step i do (like making a katana a-z)

well anyways, gonna start writing now and will update it when i can/want

It takes minutes, not hours. Furthermore, spending a few minutes searching the GTAF Tutorials area is a lot more efficient than trying to use Google to find an obscure topic on a forum which has no tutorials area written by an unknown character.

Furthermore, there are dozens (possibly hundreds) of "Getting Started with Zmod" and "Zmod Inside Out" tutorials on the internet already. Whatever you write will have already been written by several people. The only thing you can hope to do is write something amazingly accessible to an international audience. Although, there are lots of non-English tutorials about ZMod already.

So, I would say that in the wider picture there is no point because everything that could be written about ZMod has already been done. However, writing the tutorial will be helpful for you to learn the program and the way you structure it might be easier to follow for certain audiences.

searching the GTAF Tutorials area is a lot more efficient than trying to use Google to find an obscure topic on a forum which has no tutorials area written by an unknown character.

nobody on earth said that you will have to read my tut, so if you dont like it, ignore it and shut up kthx