ASE Help

steadyfi

Hello community.

I wanna make a webpage which shows all the players which are online on the server.

My question is, how do website's like Game-Tracker or Game-State query the player list?

Is there any kind of special query protocol or something?

I've seen this on the wiki,

ase

This parameter can be used to make the server report to Game-Monitor master servers, allowing it to be visible in the ingame server browser. An additional UDP port needs to be available for this to work (value from + 123 , so on a default value 22003 the right port will be 22126 ).

Available values: 0 - disabled , 1 - enabled. Optional parameter, defaults to 0.

Will ASE help me in any way? If yes, how do I query this port?

Thanks! :D

I personally built my own HTTP functions on my server which my web server then queries every few minutes, caching the details into a JSON file and then reading it out to the visitors on the site.

Game-Tracker and Game-State send a UDP packet to the server using the old ASE protocol, having just a 's' character and then it returns all the server ASE information. You can do this with PHP, but not sure how much information you want. Sometimes it's even better to just make it custom if you want to share a lot of data.

Edited by Guest

Interesting library, thanks! :)

I personally built my own HTTP functions on my server which my web server then queries every few minutes, caching the details into a JSON file and then reading it out to the visitors on the site.

Game-Tracker and Game-State send a UDP packet to the server with the old ASE protocol, having just a 's' character and then it returns all the server ASE information. You can do this with PHP, but not sure how much information you want. Sometimes it's even better to just make it custom if you want to share a lot of data.

Could you tell me what functions did you use on your webserver? A small snippet would mean a lot.

Thanks for the information! ;)

Could you tell me what functions did you use on your webserver? A small snippet would mean a lot.

You can use the PHP SDK library to build your own system for communications. You can call functions on your MTA server remotely from the web server. Pretty good for a bit more advanced stuff, rather than just simple ASE stuff.

You can use the PHP SDK library to build your own system for communications. You can call functions on your MTA server remotely from the web server. Pretty good for a bit more advanced stuff, rather than just simple ASE stuff.

Thanks!

//Can close topic