Some gang threads taken away

Ransom

actually, were trying to make the forum a better place, all that spam and flaming is not only taking up disc space, but also makes it 'unclean' and not very nice to look at.

if you really want to spam, get some chatter program like irc or teamspeak, i think kfc and ulk has already found both of those actually..

Makes things look better when u say it like that. thanx dragon & quig

actually, were trying to make the forum a better place, all that spam and flaming is not only taking up disc space, but also makes it 'unclean' and not very nice to look at.

if you really want to spam, get some chatter program like irc or teamspeak, i think kfc and ulk has already found both of those actually..

Fair play but i think u need to change the stlye of this :/

http://www.phpbbhacks.com :D

HAHAHAHAHA everyone hates these boards now, its about damn time.

it took long enough for people to realize how much bullshit these mods feed them, but finally they came around

gg no re nubs

I really dont know what you and the other cranky vets are on (mostly defiant ULK/KFC and their past members, what a surprise)... plenty of people are still posting here. It wasn't a mind change because of these posts claiming we just make these forums worse, we decided to use this as a warning in the beginning, we're not like fu*king mrbump. If you don't believe me, ask KFG, he has a pm from yesterday where I secretly told him what was actually happening so he wouldn't flip out anymore than he already was starting to.

This isn't going to turn into some annoying KFC, ULK, etc. forums. It is total disorder. Hundreds of useless posts and topics. This isn't going to turn into a 10 year old playground forum.

Some of the major spammer's spam posts have been taken away, so to the major spammers: you're not geting away with this just because the threads aren't gone and you better watch your spam posting.

Ransom calling others "cranky vet" `? and blackdragon saying "If you want to chat go to irc".

What is the expression ? Don´t throw bricks if you live in a respirator.

At least you decided to not remove or threaten to remove Doon´s gang thread too.

The forum´s condition is more than a year old, your monthly boredom from gamesurge hasn´t changed things so far, doubt it will anytime soon.

I am hoping one or two of you will release that sometime.

These random acts of deleting people´s posts is prime motivation to spam in the first place.

You say it´s the spam you want to get rid of ? Deal with the spammers.

You always talk about how you don´t want to maintain your board. How about taking it down then ?

"ohh noes, my postcount is being held hostage!"

Right now this waltzing in waving a gun around, only to shoot yourself in the foot , isn´t buying votes.

Calling it a warning ? What exactly are the gangs as such suppose to do ? They have no say in what goes on in their threads.

Usually people actually do ask for mods to come and handle fights, they just rarely show up.

Okay I'm not going to quote that for space sake, but heres my answers:

Look again, Doons thread is gone too, it wasn't a priority since it was a dead thread. Only the top half of the threads are active anyways.

This is nothing to do about boredom, spamming was getting out of hand. People know the mods are gone except for a select few so some (including vetern players) just went berserk on spam. I don't know what random acts refers to. Nobodys done anything about the spam so we finally talked and agreed to get the message across (again) to stop spamming.

It goes beyond just spammers, then the gang members go "please dont post here anymore" and then they reply with something stupid and before you know it you've jumped on the spam train.

This board has 9000+ registered users (yes I know not ALL active). Theres 4 mods. Do the math. We are not going to live on this forum. Our job is even harder to do with some mod functions being broken. However, as I said above, the major spammers have been dealt with. The rest of the spammers, well this is the warning thread. Thats pretty much dealing with every spammer.

You want to know what you can do? Instead of having people start spamming by stupid replies to spam, PM the mods and we will take care of it. I'm assuming thats the only kind of spam you are talking about that you can't control. You do have authority over your own gang members.

The main thing I want people to get through their minds is that they need to come to us, not the other way around. Theres just simply not enough man power. If you dont and things get out of hand... well things like this happen. Like I said above, mods that will actually get things taken care of for sure: myself, blackdragon, madboy, rebel. You won't get any action from the other inactive mods.

This post count thing is so ridiculous, I wonder how many people would leave if we just got rid of that thing.

I don't know what random acts refers to
... we finally talked and agreed to get the message across (again) to stop spamming

Well I don´t know either, maybe they refer to the last time you got the message across.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don´t remember this board having a single week without massive spam over the last year ?

Surely your manpower is not the responsibility of the users ?

What I am trying to explain is, your moderation is a self-energizing process. A spoke in the spam wheel.

Instead of punishing or involving the individual spammers , you involve entire gangs. In which case gigantic food fights erupt, double spamburgers with cheese coming your way.

Say you deleted everything in the gang section - but let people keep their access , with the words "you are gonna listen now" , ´you believe the spamming would stop then ?

As far as the arguing in gang threads goes, I am not able to picture anyone asking their fellow members to restrain from defending themselves or restrain from doing gunny jokes.

Calling it a warning ? What exactly are the gangs as such suppose to do ? They have no say in what goes on in their threads.

Usually people actually do ask for mods to come and handle fights, they just rarely show up.

rarely show up? i havent gotten 1 pm from someone wanting to get his thread cleaned in the whole time being a mod here (1 year +).

we cant sit 24/7 in front of the gang section to find spam, its the task of the thread owners to pm the mods if it gets too much, if they dont care about spam in their topic then they shouldnt be suprised if their thread is gone after 40 pages

its a question to yourself, do you want you thread being spammed? ok but then it wont last longer then 40 pages

if you want your thread to grow big or whatever then i would be happy to help out with fighting the spam if you just pm me, and the spammers would be warned and after that temp banned

you cant fight the spam by spamming back.

believe me, we dont whack off while deleting threads and we arent against freedom of speech but when every second sentence begins with "stfu fucking nigger" then its time we do something

anyways, this was just a warning and its not like we want to put ppl down, you should rather ask yourself if youre mature enough to obey some really simple forum rules and if you cant and try to play e-thug than go out on the streets and bash some cops or whatever makes you calm down

Bishop, I am trying to explain to you that we have been letting things get way too out of hand. We KNEW it was happening, but its not all our faults. Noone even bothered pm'ing about spam. Obviously you guys were okay with it thinking noone was going to get in trouble. So that is why gang threads are involved. We agreed this was the best way to get attention, not simply posting "do not spam", but instead taking the gang threads away and forcing people to read these messages.

We hope we can stop spam this time.. with the help of you and others. A simple pm and we can put a stop to things when they get out of hand. That doesn't mean come yelling when theres 1 post, but when these chain-linked fighting posts start coming together, tell us. The sooner the better.

If noone still bothers to tell us anything, well this will probably happen again, but for real. We will do our best to monitor the forum not using quick-fix tactics, but its extremely hard with 4 people. If you are in charge of your gang you don't need to stay on their ass, just make sure they don't get out of control.

Lastly, I want to say thank you for actually not handling this like a child like most of the others have. I have thought that you have been quite a good character (you are mostly legit posts besides responding to some deathb flames) and perhaps you can help us (and your thread especially) by being a mod someday.

What I am trying to explain is, your moderation is a self-energizing process. A spoke in the spam wheel.

Instead of punishing or involving the individual spammers , you involve entire gangs. In which case gigantic food fights erupt, double spamburgers with cheese coming your way.

we just temp banned sexyB for some really obvious spam posts and if we would know who the top spammers are who bring the whole wheel to rolling then we could go on and warn/ban them but as i said its not like we sit all day here and check thread after thread for the top spammers

being spammed isnt an excuse for spamming which brings me to the next thing..

As far as the arguing in gang threads goes, I am not able to picture anyone asking their fellow members to restrain from defending themselves or restrain from doing gunny jokes.

most ppl act on the forum as a gang, right and good but the forum really shouldnt be a battlefield, theres nothing weak with telling a mod to help out but i guess most egos in this section dont allow to call someone when theyre being "attacked"

we are like the "forum cops" and i dont really like my position all that much in such discussions coz it makes me think of being corrupt sometimes and thats the least i want to be (fyi, i actually unsibscribed for mod when a certain person began to ban ppl for argueing)

you CAN talk to me, i have no problem with that but theres just alot of idiots in this community who cant obey some rules, (said the rebel) yes, im not against rules, they are needed and if i want to change something on the system then i dont begin on a forum, thats what some ppl need to realise, some ppl just take too much of their life onto the inet, its like those ppl in cs that flame you like you just killed their whole family, yet just fragged him in a silly game

umm enough offtopic for now :o