Why is MTA banning hackers?

Pierce

Hello.

My question is "Why is MTA banning hackers?". It's a nice thing that MTA does it, i understand that there are programs which change serial(or alter something related to mta itself), but what about regular gameplay hacks? why can't those players be kicked by AC detection? I miss times when hackers could enter the server and you'd ban them with joy.

Obviously you can remove the anti-cheat system from your server... but if your server or computer that's hosting the server get's a virus we don't want to see you here saying MTA is bad because of it's anti-cheat system.

MTA bans them because some may harm the server or isn't fair to other people on the server, and some may cause the server to lose data just because of extra data being synchronized between the hackers and server.

You don't get it. MTA bans players for using trainers. Meaning that they can't play any server nor they could attempt to join mine because they're banned from "exterior"

I just think why can't mta just kick players from servers if they have a trainer(unless the server allows it)? why banning them if perhaps there would be some mad man who'd like to gather all hackers in a server for fun?

Hmm, I got it. It does makes sense. Looks like you are trying to make a 'hackers union' or similar thing or maybe trying to enjoy yourself so call 'MTA SA hack' in your own server. As far as I know, MTA allows the ability to enable/disable cleo modes for servers. But I don't think it does for hacks/cheats such as cheat engine.

Last time I used a trainer/hack was in 2011, that was when I first discovered MTA, so I don't remember if it did ban instantly or after joining a server but if its formal, in my opinion MTA should allow server owners to decide about enabling/disable cheats/hacks similar to cleo modes and also about banning hackers/cheaters because sometimes cheats are fun.

Ofcourse if it didn't put the WHOLE MTA or other servers at risk.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not simply just add it to the admin panel, or even just put it on a script on the server owners PC instead of the Master database, still, you all need to know that you can always hack something if you try..... also, there is an insane amount of texture bugs, so if you think someones cheating it might just be a bug/glitch from the GTA SA directory since Rockstar concentrated on scripts for item pick ups / functions and not on textures / scripts made by a player

• 3 weeks later...

MTA has a really good reason to ban some people. Their system is designed to provide a protection against some serious damage towards servers. A few months ago someone has been banned because he found several ways to get into the server's RAM with such a high amount of requests that the entire server could just crash which results into some pretty high costs for the owners of those servers.

If you want to get rid of the system that protects you for these kind of things, go ahead and take it out of your server files, create your own build and enjoy being targeted by people like this.