I know mIRC has to be running but on what server?

troyBORG

the MTAMA thing it downloads a mirc script or something that I need to load!

Well thats a start, so are you trying to get mta:ma running or are you trying to run a script on a specific server?

Mta:ma comes with a manual which tell you how to use it/ install it. If your wanting to run a script on a server you must connect to that server using mta:ma with the i.p (same as the client i.p) and the admin port, should be in your server.cfg default is 4003 i think.

In mta:ma the is a 'scripts' button, click it and and then click 'load' direct it to your script and then the scriptwill be running (making sure you clicked 'Allow Scripts' in the options dialog.

• 2 months later...

harry I have got to say many thanks I am going to go through the manual before I decide to ask any questions :)

well here is my problem. I ran mtaserver.exe and it was running fine and even ran the server through the client. Also running fine. when I try to connect it stays for like 5 seconds and then says disconnect via timeout, I hosted without scrips and me and my gf played on it before so no problems there.

sorry about this third edit, but found the patch and seems to be working fine, thanks for the help :)