BSY? = Bored of Stubby yet?

Although like i said earlier, i can see your point, I really hope people won't be complaining when the Sniper or Rocket Launcher is released. GTA prides itself on the multiple ways of killing others, including the large array of weaponary.

I don't care if people are going to moan over the rocket launcher, I'll be a 'rocket lamer' just let me get my hands on that weapon :twisted:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/me thinks the m60 pwne the stubby... if u know what ure doing ;)

Well that is if the lag isn't horrible. Thats the thing that really makes me hate stubby, it may be the best lag defense, but its also a laggers best friend. If you can't hit the guy and hes shooting all around you with a stubby, 5 shot spread, and you fall down when you're hit... you can usually count on:

A. Dying

B. running away

C. Long drawn out battle where you might win

The first thing people say when talking about lowering the stubby's power is always reduce damage, but if that were done, everyone would complain, just like when the switch glitch was fixed.

Methinks the better idea would be to either:

-Remove the knockdown from both shotguns and grenades, giving the game a more generic but faster-action gameplay.

-Add knockdown to the Python, and maybe the M60, for realism and to combat stubby-only players.

there are ways wround the stubby it's just most of the time the persons computer lags, there connection sucks or the server lags or any of the 3 togetter and makes the ways around the stubby just disappear. then your just left with the stubby to counter attack since it's the only weapon that has little to no problem with lag. But it's like the stubby does not take skill to use it right. If you think that your wrong but some poeple abuse it's powers.

The other day I saw someone who ran and didn't even need to stop to shoot, thats a lame glich that some poeple perfect. anyways whats the point when and if they ever fix that you if you need that glich now you won't stand a chance until you find aother glich to replace it.

Edited by Guest
Make a script which doesn't allow players to spawn as robbers. That's what i have done on the mfC server. (though the script is not active at all times, and the mtama spawn system sucks, so it doesnt always know when someone spawns)

making a script do disable spawning as robber is eas yas pie...and there are also 2 stubby shotgun pickup points on the map.

Ok, some of you people took this thing the wrong way, and immaturely flammed. :cry:

I am not condeming anyone for using a STUBBY! It is ok! I was simply asking "HOW CAN YOU NOT BE BORED OF STUBBY FIGHTS YET?"

For this SIMPLE question I get flames like "if you don't like it then then f-off and don't play" ???

You see, this is the same attitude that has driven countless players away. I was asking my questions in a mature and respectful way, the least you can do is show some damn respect back. :(

I did not say, "stubby users suck" nor did I say " I hate stubby users". I DID however say--

"I enjoy the game WITH OR WITHOUT THEM" so read up before you flame next time ok? :wink: I know my posts are long, and if you don't like them, you don't have to read them. Just don't pretend you did, then flame me for something I did not say. This is not a complex idea.

Anyways.....

Sure, I enjoyed using the stubby myself, and like was pointed out, it fairs pretty well against anything. IN real life, a single blast would kill a man, BUT in real life you would not get close to someone using a machine gun now would you? In real life, if you are on a street with a stubby, and a cop is shooting at you with a m60, you are not going to get close enough for your stubby to be effective now are you? :shock:

Shooting people in single player is fun!

Shooting people online is a chore. And everyone struggles to jump around and hope they hit.

I agree, blue will fix all of this if the guns are synced. The current game is still fun, but blue will revelutionize the game. You stubby players will be out of biz, as LAW enforcing cops like myself will finnaly be able to restore peace to VC. 8)

I just find it hard to believe that so many people could still be playing this game so often with the stubby!! I thought for sure it would get very boring very fast, yet I see some of the same old names, playing the same old stubby way. :lol: So I just wanted to know, are you vets bored yet? :lol:

I personally go for the longer range weapons, like the M16 and Ruger, find a good roof top somewhere and snipe off some players from a good distance. Heheh. This is why I can't wait for the sniper to come out :wink:

Of course, you get all the flames of people out there screaming "Camper" at the top of their voices whereas they don't seem to realise why long range weapons were included online. But that's going a little off topic, so i'll get back on. :D

I sometimes go for the stubby on one of those days, where you've had a really bad day at school, and reeeally need to vent on some people lol. But its normally the longer range weapons that do it for me. :)

I used to use the stubby constantly, and I still do when I need a vent of some kind, but I've moved on and graduated up to the SS now. I think it's a pretty well balanced class. I still use a shotgun on occasion, but me spawning as a robber is semi-rare due to a few things: 1) Spawn-crashes 2) Spawn-wars and 3) Glitchers.. I prefer getting out the robber area as fast as possible because I find spawn wars tedious and boring (Not to mention crashing alot). I've found that I can keep fairly good pace with the lead number of kills by being SS or Mexican (Been fiddling with it from time to time also) and avoiding the spawn war all together.

The shotguns are pretty rediculous. It probably will be even in MTA because you'll actually be able to hit people from a distance (WOW!!!) But it's really funny. I've complained about the stubby plenty of times in my day, and people's response to me will be something like "Get an m60 and shoot him" or "get far away enough". So I get up my mates and we land on a building and rape the stubby shotgun noobs in the robber spawn. What happens next? We get called stupid for shooting off roofs. WTF? GG.

lol

its hard enough to hit ppl with a python...how hard do you think sniper will be with ppl runnin. easy in sp cos no1 moves, but i really cant see it coming in "endless possiblitys"...half of you cant even use the m60 cos of movement :P

Ya I know what you mean. It's simple to avoid fire from a distant weapon. All you gotta do is run back and forth. I think we need limited stamina ;)

That is a pretty good idea, surely it would help (limited run power). If players could not weave back and forth through machine gun fire, we would be looking at a whole new balance of power. 8)

The stubby could be more fun to use though, (IF) it repelled the opponent backwards like 50 feet when shot at point blank range(unrealistic but fun) :shock:

good responses, I feel I have more sufficient answers to my BSY questions

:lol:

I think the stubbie should go back to the way it was in 0.3 so the crouch/glitch is eliminated and the other weapons brought up more powerful to balance the whole thing out.

In general tho I find the easiest way to pawn a stubby whore is to hit them from any distance with the M60, M60 pwns all if the person learns to use it :wink:

I think the stubbie should go back to the way it was in 0.3 so the crouch/glitch is eliminated and the other weapons brought up more powerful to balance the whole thing out.

In general tho I find the easiest way to pawn a stubby whore is to hit them from any distance with the M60, M60 pwns all if the person learns to use it :wink:

The M60 is probably the second most effective weapon in the game but it as well can be pretty unfair. It kills you in 4 bullets, shooting constantly 100 bullets in one magazine. What about other weapons? They should all be fair so other weapons are actually used.

For example, why would you use an m4 as opposed to an m60? You wouldn't. And that isn't how it should be.