control scheme switching

bcrt2000

umm.. can you guys make a hotkey for switching control schemes? i prefer running around and such with the classic control scheme (usually with my controller) but when it comes to mowing down people by foot i use standard controls... its a wonder that Rockstar didn't sort of merge both control schemes by basically keeping the control scheme like classic with the arrow keys for movement, and WASD for use of standard controls with the mouse...

im not talking about driving. im talking about walking around.. i like running around using the classic scheme, but when it gets down to being a sharpshooter, nothing is better than the keyboard mouse combo.. i was just hoping they could make a hotkey which would quickly switch between the two, since the game is in multi mode and you wouldnt be able to take the time to go through the menu (at least not without dying)

Why can't you just walk with mouse/keyboard all the time when you play online? You make it sound like you're a lazy gamer who just wants to chill with his gamepad. If it was simple to do, we could probably do it for those who also prefer walking like that. Since it isn't, we are going to spend our time improving more important things. I would like to remind you, though, that you can map two different keys/buttons to the same action, and that you can change the camera when on foot, to make it view top-down, and reverting to classic controls, but you wont be able to see anything then, but I guess thats ok, since you weren't planning on aiming anyways?

Good Luck

edit: heh that must be the longest sentence i wrote ever. me and my stupid comma's.