GTA3 style trails in GTA VC

Ok, i read this on gtaforums.com and did this myself and it worked brilliantly, if you want the trails you have to do it yourself because i obviously can't release an editted gta-vc.exe without getting flamed/banned

0 : Make a backup of gta-vc.exe.

1 : Run VC MenuEditor and under Options > Select Text File... navigate to your preferred .gxt version in the text folder of your Vice install. e.g. For English speakers, select american.gxt.

2 : Under Options > Change Offset... enter the appropriate value as advised by the dialog box and click OK. e.g. If you have the original v1.0 un-cracked gta-vc.exe enter 2975600.

3 : Click File > Open... and select gta-vc.exe. The MenuEditor window should now fill up with what looks something like this Menu.gif

4 : Now on the left side, in the Menu Screens list, select 04. FEH_DIS. Then select FED_RES from the Menu Items list in the middle and click Add.

5 : Choose FED_TRA from the Menu Item Text drop-down and click Apply.

6 : Change the Associated Function to 009, enter 303 under Y-Position and click Apply again.

7 : At the bottom of the MenuEditor window click the Up button twice.

8 : Select FET_DEF in Menu Items and change it's Y-Position to 328. Click Apply.

9 : Select FEDS_TB in Menu Items and change it's Y-Position to 353. Then Apply.

10 : Hit the Save Menu button bottom left and then go to File > Close. All done.

There will now be a Trails option in the display settings menu. You can turn it on and off as you please. Please note, although the trails will work whenever you turn them on, you still need to start a new game as otherwise there will be no traffic on the streets - even if you haven't activated the trails yet! Don't ask why, I don't have any idea.

I've tested this on VC and GTA:LC with no problems other than that mentioned above.

Thanks for listening.

You can get VCMenuEditor from http://gta.gamigo.de/download.php?do=download&id=2464

screenies:

mtablur3co.th.jpgmtablur25qq.th.jpg

*edit*

you don't need a cracked MTA for this, so i presume this isn't classed as cheating.

its only good in gta3, where its kinda set right to the mood of the game.. in vc it will just prolly suck :/

I remember someone commenting on the trails in the PS2 version. They said it made the colours more vibrant in VC (I presume they were talking about the neon lights).

Edited by Guest

I liked it actualy only my pc began to lag xtremly

in gta3 its actualy cool while driving next to peds and it gives an good feeling but it actualy let the game lag xtremly