• Redhat Linux 7, 8 or 9
    • Fedora Core 1, 2 or 3
    • FreeBSD 5
    • OpenBSD 3
    • Slackware Linux
    • Gentoo Linux
    • Other OS

Question

Here's a poll for all MTA users, especially the users who run their own MTA servers.

What operating system are you using or would you prefer for the MTA Server.

We want to increase the support for our server application by compiling it for different operating systems and under different configurations, not just 1 version for Linux and 1 for Win32 like we have right now, but versions for different versions of BSD and Linux (and maybe some other known OSses), think of .deb's for Debian and .rpm's for Redhat, etc.

If you're not using the server right now, and if you think you aren't going to use it in the near future, please don't vote.

If you would vote Windows, don't vote either. This is about non-Windows operating systems.

The Win32 platform is removed, cause we know that at least (and even more than) 50% of the users is using Windows.

If you choose Other OS please be specific what operating system you mean (version and any related URLs would be nice as well).

pff id never host shit on a windows server. Debian Linux for me.

funny, our css server is hosted on win32 noob :lol:

but, debian pwns hard. (aka XandrOS (rebuild) )

pff id never host shit on a windows server. Debian Linux for me.

funny, our css server is hosted on win32 noob :lol:

but, debian pwns hard. (aka XandrOS (rebuild) )

pff pff pff, so is our teamspeak, which explains why its offline 50% of the time (like, now lol)

windows servers pwnz but they cost more

debian is good too but windows pwnz better oprative system

wow dude, your crazy :|

i'm not gonna vote, but i used to run a lan sever on debian, but that was onlya few times, so my vote is practicly worthless :P

windows servers pwnz but they cost more

debian is good too but windows pwnz better oprative system

wow dude, your crazy :|

i'm not gonna vote, but i used to run a lan sever on debian, but that was onlya few times, so my vote is practicly worthless :P

i don't use linux so i really don't know :P

just that windows pwnz on web servers..

I had to install Slackware linux just for the mta servers. Most of my servers

are FreeBSD 5.3

The Linux binaries will run on FreeBSD and the only anomaly was artificially high server pings in ASE, which is why I moved it to Slackware.

I would love to see a native FreeBSD 5.3 compile (without the high ASE pings).

I'm willing to provide FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and AIX porting support if you want.

Example what i mean, btw i just have 1 comp not 2 (example)

what i mean is i have a windows xp and me , i have 2 webservers hosted on both comps couse those are old computers so i made them to webservers, this comp i use now isint a webserver but theres 2 others that is and i just put them on a place there they can be 24/7 on but reboot after 2 hours download a webserver program or buy one there you go a windows dedicated server even if it's at home it's 24/7 understand? and windows is the system i use couse it's better than linux and other have said it too... Now lets say the price for a linux system is free but windows system cost 100 $ the windows system cost more than linux and windows is a good server ask anyone maybe on the mta part the linux is better..

Example what i mean, btw i just have 1 comp not 2 (example)

what i mean is i have a windows xp and me , i have 2 webservers hosted on both comps couse those are old computers so i made them to webservers, this comp i use now isint a webserver but theres 2 others that is and i just put them on a place there they can be 24/7 on but reboot after 2 hours download a webserver program or buy one there you go a windows dedicated server even if it's at home it's 24/7 understand? and windows is the system i use couse it's better than linux and other have said it too... Now lets say the price for a linux system is free but windows system cost 100 $ the windows system cost more than linux and windows is a good server ask anyone

FALSE

i tried to run the freebsd binary on 4.10 but it said

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.4" not found

so i guess it was compiled for freebsd 5 ?

i'm thinking of switching to a linux for hosting servers because there's generally more support for that.