Tommy vercetti skin for gta 3

lol eagle, the bone structures are entirely different.

If you was trying to convert gta3 > vice city I could help you out, but i dont play gta3 anymore. A friend of mine knows how to do it, DJ muppetmaster. He has an account here and at GTAForums, pm him and he'll be happy to help

woo Im recognised, u need to remove all the bones in a prog called rw analyse, thats all the sections named HanimPLG (just click them and press delete), import into zmodeler, get the tommy vercetti skin from the vc player.txd in the vc gta3.img or from models>generic>player.bmp,

then flip it vertically in paint, and save, go to material, load the flipped image,

delete all the sections with dummies, on root[0] is the main models mesh, for models to function correctly in gta3, the head, torso, upperarms, lower arms, upperlegs, lowerlegs etc etc, need to be all seperate pieces on the model, rather than dummies on the model which deform the mesh to the animation sequence defined, to seperate them u can either, keep deleting the polysof the rest of the body, until u have one body part, such as the head, save it as head.z3d and keep doing that until u have seperate body parts then merge them in one file, u may have to remap the skin using uv assign, once that is done, open up a gta3 player model to make sure all body parts are seperated into their right places and named poroperly (although maybe you should have done this before hand to get the names and seperate pieces) export it as a dff, add to gta3.img, stick the non flipped player.bmp in ur gta3 skin folder

and PLAY!

to do this all you need to have quite alot of experience in zmodeler and understand the interface, failing that their are some custom made tommy vercettis for gta3 on http://www.codenamegta3.co.uk however most look like a pile of shit

keep deleting the polysof the rest of the body, until u have one body part, such as the head, save it as head.z3d and keep doing that until u have seperate body parts then merge them in one file

wouldnt it be easier to detach all the different body parts?

hmm didnt know that it was so easy for gta3, i might even make some player model myself now :)

thx for that info dj

Do what DJ said. Select the head, save the head as head.z3d. Select the left arm, save the left arm as leftarm.z3d. Select the right arm, save the right arm as rightarm.z3d.

Do this with every body part. Merge all the files together, export as dff

zmodeler is a crazy program u have to painstaking delete each poly on and on until its done, in zmodeler select and delete all objects in the hierarchy which are not root[0], u may have to re map the skin, i converted a tommy v ages ago, if i manage to find it, ill hook u up

i did say that u have to have quite alot of zmodeler experience to be able to do it

@l2ebel: well yeah, but zmodeler doesnt detach each body part as the vc player models are just one mesh, zmodeler detaches polys, although u could detach and uniteselect each poly until u have one part although that might take long.

u might want to put tommy v, and his body parts, in the same physique as the fido player model is when u import him in zmodeler, not necessarily the same height but the same stance

++the arms and legs are divided into upper and lower, e.g lowerleg upperleg, lowerarm, upperarm, they are also divided into l and r for left and right, and the hands are also seperate

it didnt sound too easy or simple to me, but i never used those apps before. I'm suprised there arent more models out there for the gta games (other than car models)

there are sonme playermdoels for gta3 and vc

i know there are some, but not many. lots of cars out there though

no, its the same version, you have to have some experience with it, and if ur having trouble, then i dont think u shud do it, u need some experience, but il tell u anyway, change the poly selection, go to modify>move, when a single poly goes blue, delete it, keep doing that until you're left with the head, and other divisions gta models say

nvm, i'll try and find the one i converted, but i cant do anything big like convert another one atm