[Release] Wet Roads Reloaded

Sam@ke

Hi Guys,

the last two days i spend some time to rewrote "shader_wet_roads" by ccw and adding some new features. Main technics are the same, but if its finished shader can be handled in for stages:

1. dry roads

2. dry roads with wet parts

3. wet roads

4. wet roads with puddles

I´ve implemented a first sun light reflection too, so i plan to integrate roadshine v4 by Ren712 too. In next days i have to tweak process of going wet and dry roads. Also reflection strength has to been tweaked a bit, at night it looks nice with stronger reflections, at day with weaker ones.

Pics:

144518085060494400_resized.png

144518085822006300_resized.png

Videos:

Download: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=12266

Edited by Guest

Ooh, very interesting! I'll definitely look into implementing this for my upcoming server. Have you done any performance tests with this?

Also, please make the roadshine optional if you do implement it - as I recall the roadshine is far too shiny to even be remotely realistic. :D

...I´ve implemented a first sun light reflection to, so i plan to integrate roadshine v4 by Ren712 too.

I don't even know which version was that ? Bump mapped roadshine mixed with detail textures ? There is so much unfinished stuff. Kind of good that it was put to any use.

Looks like it needs some tweaking, but is already impressive.

...I´ve implemented a first sun light reflection to, so i plan to integrate roadshine v4 by Ren712 too.

I don't even know which version was that ? Bump mapped roadshine mixed with detail textures ? There is so much unfinished stuff. Kind of good that it was put to any use.

Looks like it needs some tweaking, but is already impressive.

Oh, i was wrong. I think i mean roadshine v3 (was the last official released?). You was sending me roadshine v4 too, but this was only for internal testing i think. My mistake, sorry. :D

The puddle´s looking much better now and i was adding particle effects under vehicle wheels yesterday. So immersion looks more realistic now.

Thanks for Feedback. I´ve tried to let cars looks wet, but results wasnt really nice. So maybe later i add this or Ren712 will try this, cause he is the professional in vehicle and shader stuff. :D

Release this week is cancelled, but i´ll try to release on wednesday. I´ve done process of roads getting wet and will dry again after rain is over. Materials around streets getting wet now too (but without puddles). I´ve added some particles on driving cars on wet surface, but will replace this later against better one:

• 2 years later...