God's Eye

John Smith

Hello. I've wanted to show you something that I did while I was bored.

I call it God's Eye. I'd say it's some kind of a satellite which let's you see the whole SA Map.

It can be used as a spectator system (you can watch the SA World from sky just like a god).

I have thought of making this 'system' for admins only and making more functions which would be simply manipulating the SA World as you like (again, gives you powers like if you were a god).

Also, later on i will add tracking system in it, so you can lock-on somebody and the God's Eye will follow the target.

So, what do you think?

Should I add some functions to it? Should I release it when I do some more work on it?

Also, I am really terrible at writing well designed threads so the whole topic might look like if a 5 year old kid did it, but the main point of the topic is to show something that i've done in couple of minutes, and if you have any suggestions for this as i will probably release it soon :D

Haha! Cool!
Nice, keep it up.

Oh and sorry for not responding to the topic, I'm kinda busy, so i can make updates on this only on weekends

dxDraw the image: MTA San Andreas 1.6\MTA\cgui\images\radar.jpg on the background, so when you zoom out, it will still be visible.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'm not quite sure what you meant.. Are you suggesting to show that full map image when a player completely zooms out the city due to client's far clip (setFarClipDistance) causing lag?

But it needs a good pc to see the map from the sky, doesn't it?

That actually really depends on couple of stuff. The complete zoom out in God's Eye is not the whole map view, but rather complete city. I will make an ability to change far clip distance to lower/bigger values in case you want to reduce/improve the look of the SA Map

Also, i believe that if you have a stable 60 fps on other servers, God's Eye could run stable at 60 fps as well (unless you increase far clip distance to insane value)

Anyway thanks guys for your posts, if you have an idea or something or anything else useful to this, feel free to post it here :D

I will make updates to God's Eye this weekend and share a video of new features too :)

• Moderators

The setFarClipDistance function goes as far as the CPU(1 core only, gta doesn't support multiply cores) can handle it.

And there is also this: GTA (world) objects have streamed-in priority, some objects will be faster visible than others.

My suggestion:

Don't overuse setFarClipDistance, but render the map instead when you reach an amount of height.