Admin idea

are you talking about something like those "DISQUALIFIED" or "MISSION PASSED" messages? if so, i beleive those are fixed imaged, not a special font. so i dont beleive it will be easy to make new ones (i could be wrong)

maybe with some directx written from scratch

hmm... never thought of that... may be extreme usefull to drive cheaters away; just make a big message appear on their screen like 'OMG YOU HAX!1!!!1!!!1!1' multiply times, and the cheater will get pooned and go away :lol:

LMAO that would be ownage man, u gotta put that shit in

It'd be up the mod author who could use such features and how. I doubt anyone would make a mod that would display arbitary text on any other user's screen as its pointless. It could be used for all sorts of other things though, look at other games, such as Half-life that use similar text for saying what server you're on, or displaying stats or server provider advertising. Theres lots of possibilities, and theres no reason to assume that any feature we add will be used to annoy people - we hope the community is slightly more mature than that.

eAi

No, not sprays, as we can't (as it stands) find the orientation of the surface being looked at. Could do similar things though... maybe a floating spray that slowly floats up into the air and fades out...

eAi

What, you mean kind of like a signal beacon? That'd be great for team games.

Blue will allow a mods to display text anywhere on the screen, or anywhere in the GTA world, along with custom sprites etc. It'd be fairly easy to write an admin mod that would support this. The picture on the blue info page with stars coming out behind the ice cream van demonstrates a basic particle engine using this.

http://www.mtablue.info/blue_micro_particles_large.jpg

eAi

can u also make like a custom pause screen? like if they pause i could put in all the server info and stuff like in the top corner?

We think that blue addons are much easier to use than the SCM equivalents (where they exist), mainly because we've got a very nice object orientated interface as well as a better naming system and more error checking than the SCM has. We also have no limits for size etc.

eAi