Gangwar Mode

Nutz

There is some interest in a special game mode (vs deathmatch or stunt) optimized for

Gangwars. Hopefully if there is enough interest we can get the developers to put a mode like this in a future release.

Here are some ideas that have been proposed so far:

- 3 gang spawn points, one at the airport and two downtown. The two downtown would

be in front of the roxor and vaj buildings.

- Each gang spawn point would spawn with 100 armor, 100 health, regenerating health

(like sailor) and some basic weapons (golf club, pistol, stubby, uzi).

- Each gang spawn would have pickups for the best weapons able to be synced in the

game (like chainsaw, teargas, nades, mollies, python, shotgun, spaz, mp5, m4,

flamethrower, m60, minigun)

- Two bullet proof securicars would be placed at each gang spawn

- three 4door mavericks would be placed in front of the airpot and somewhere close

to the two downtown spawns.

- all weapons would have virtually unlimited ammo (like 20000 rounds)

- robber spawn should be just like in deathmatch mode

The goal of having all good syncable weapons available is because unlike deathmatch,

gang wars are run with some order and usually have weapon rules. The permitted

weapons can easially be changed for each round.

The goal of having ulimited ammo is because (way) too much time is spent collecting

weapons before a round starts. If there is any possibility that you might run out we would

be back to pre-round weapon acquisition.

The reason to have two spawns downtown is to create a new "urban combat" style

round. Those two locations were chosen because they are about the right distance

apart for this and there are many alleyways, collumns, walls and other obstructions

to make it interesting. For traditional attack/defend wars it is expected that one team

will spawn in downtown and another at the airport and go from there as usual.

A benefit of having multiple spawns with identical features is that each team can spawn

as one skin/map color.

The 6 mavericks are for basic transport or for use during round. Reducing the number

of choppers from 6 to 4 has cause alot of problems in 0.4.x

The bullet proof securricars is an interesting idea, they would still be vulnerable to

damage, fire and explosions but it might go well with miniguns.

I'd like to hear any suggestions on how this might work or be improved.

I think this thread is being somewhat overshadowed by the "other" thread ;)

In essence this is a good idea, but you shouldn't go against the EULA to do it.

Maybe you should save your efforts for Blue?

That's probably what will happen. There doesn't seem to be much interest in persuing this in 0.4.x

Sorry I treid to help

Well it's fine with me I'll wear the cheater rank while im unbanned... no big deal

I read the manifesto in the other thread and it's silly...

I agree with everyone's definition of cheating... if you want to see my opinions read the cheaters thread I have posted against cheaters in there forever..

Cracked client means case closed for me, always has... if you all use the same version or not if it's not what MTA intended you are wrong... We posted this thing in our public forum and we had reasons for considering this an exception... Clearly IJs disagrees and that's fine, he is my hero for making this mod and I respect his opinion... Im glad I got him to post for the first time since september.

My reasoning for the exception to the rule isn't based on "everyone has it" that's a weak arguement...

It's based on the fact that nothing we did could ever be used to harm the current verision of MTA or future versions. In hindsight we should have gotten a clearance from MTA beforehand but we just ran with it... oops

KFC... but mostly KFC Nutz has been the biggest pro MTA anti Cheat person in MTA and he has run the cheater free PartyServer (#1 MTA server) for a year now 24/7...

Anyway Im glad to pump some blood back into MTA and wake up the negative little trolls that enjoy thinking they have uncovered something that we didn't hide...

death... you are one VERY immature 19 year old... pwned? gg no re?

laugh, one very immature 12 year old.

you should of seen him in our war with [uK]. i ACCIDENTLY killed him whilst trying to defend our base (long range, i couldnt see the tag) and then he gets all wimpy and says i have to attack solo, and then in the FFA round he PURPOSELY repeatedly ran down point and killed him. we subsequently lost, but according to him thats fine.

gg no re

Yeaaaa... and if you gits get rid of that one, we expect you to get rid of the other one or you'll just be put down as an other bunch of facist f#cks.

We're branded as an 0.2.2 hackers... I bet it makes you all feel so big and butch and manly enough to visit the Blue Clam now.

Oh, and since when has Master Wizard DeathBra been running the show? He shouts "OMG!!11!1 HAXXX0RS!!1!!1" and suddenly the whole forum and even the MTA team is singing his tune!

Get a grip you Gonnarea infested testicular maggots!!! :evil: