kfc caught cheating...

DeathB

So the EULA doesn't apply to server admins? No, it goes for all users of the software.

The server admins can't bend the EULA and say that all players can legally use modifications on their server.

Even if a server policy were against the EULA, it's still server policy which is what

defines "cheating".

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Server rules can't define the term "cheating," they can only just allow it.

I'm sure we could dream up new definitions of "cheating" but if a server admin and the players on a server all agree on a set of rules, those rules cannot be considered cheating.

Just try to find a definition of cheating that contradicts that.

I love how all these people who:

1. aren't the admin of the server in question

2. weren't playing on that server

Are trying to set the rules for that server and those players.

ah yes, and i think a rewrite of your rules is in order

this is what no cheating means, i think sloth said it well

NO CRACKED CLIENT/MODDED FILES. that includes any version of mta, private server or not. Do not download a cracked client ever and do not mod mta ever. when blue comes out I would encourage you to mod the hell out of MTA, but untill then keep the mods in single player where they belong.

so the truth comes out i bet everyone is shocked :shock: to find that KFC cheats :lol: either way let em cheat, KFC just take it off ASE and for ALL server admins BAN all KFC's from ur servers, KFC have fun, stay away from future versions mmk thx bye 8)

have a good day

ah yes, and i think a rewrite of your rules is in order[/quote

Finally, a constructive suggestion! I am willing to take the blame for being

a "bad admin" and setting those rules. It was done to do some development

and testing of something I hope will be incorporated in future versions in some way.

If I knew how to test that kind of gameplay in single player I would have done it there.

Of course it was supposed to be done quietly to avoid this very kind of useless debate

(that only detracts from the more important goal of a new game mode).

so the truth comes out i bet everyone is shocked :shock: to find that KFC cheats :lol: either way let em cheat, KFC just take it off ASE and for ALL server admins BAN all KFC's from ur servers, KFC have fun, stay away from future versions mmk thx bye 8)

have a good day

Nobody in KFC cheated, we have already covered that. As for banning for

stupid non-reasons, be careful what you ask for.

have a good day

only in a perfect world...

KFC, your idea on how "its not cheating, we was all using the same files and we was just having fun" doesn't work.. i've tried. The purpose your doing it for doesn't make any difference at all, its the fact that you did it in the first place.

"Yes, I did murder the woman, but I was doing it so she wouldn't assasinate my uncle."

"Yes, I did murder the woman."

MURDER

"Yes, I was modifying the games files, but we all had the same files and we was just having fun."

"Yes, I was modifying the games files."

CHEATING

Edited by Guest
KFC, your idea on how "its not cheating, we was all using the same files and we was just having fun" doesn't work.. i've tried. The purpose your doing it for doesn't make any difference at all, its the fact that you did it in the first place.

"Yes, I did murder the woman, but I was doing it so she wouldn't assasinate my uncle."

MURDER

"Yes, I was modifying the games files, but we all had the same files and we was just having fun."

CHEATING

Hello? We are not talking about MURDER, we are talking about setting the rules for a GAME. Is there anyone here who seriously doubts that all players can agree on a set of rules for a game and then by definition it's not cheating? WTF? It may not be "standard" rules but it sure as hell isn't cheating.

Don't diminish the seriousness of ACTUAL cheating in your quest to beat up on good old KFC.

Cheating is cheating, no matter how you look at it.

I agree, Cheating is Cheating.

However, by definition, if all players are playing by the same rules it isn't cheating.

Can we beat this dead horse any longer?

we sure can

laugh

you guys obviously have no qualms with cheating. not only are you cheating on a 0.2.2 server, which is bad enuf.

then you have a member blatantly use speedgear, admit to it, and nothing is said to him... amazing

so much for cheat = kick eh fellas?

then again, i suppose u have to rewrite that rule. or ul be getting rid of 90 percent of kfc if nor more.. laugh

MURDER

CHEATING

Hello? We are not talking about MURDER, we are talking about setting the rules for a GAME. Is there anyone here who seriously doubts that all players can agree on a set of rules for a game and then by definition it's not cheating? WTF? It may not be "standard" rules but it sure as hell isn't cheating.

Don't diminish the seriousness of ACTUAL cheating in your quest to beat up on good old KFC.

I know we're not talking about murder, it was a metaphor. I also know how you feel, we have gotten accused of "cheating" when we was having fun before too. I'm just saying this.. the rules are the rules. EULA says don't modify the game's files. And you did. Yes, their definition of cheating can be very farfetch'd, but thats what Blue is for.

Cheating is cheating, no matter how you look at it.

I agree, Cheating is Cheating.

However, by definition, if all players are playing by the same rules it isn't cheating.

Can we beat this dead horse any longer?

we sure can

laugh

you guys obviously have no qualms with cheating. not only are you cheating on a 0.2.2 server, which is bad enuf.

then you have a member blatantly use speedgear, admit to it, and nothing is said to him... amazing

so much for cheat = kick eh fellas?

then again, i suppose u have to rewrite that rule. or ul be getting rid of 90 percent of kfc if nor more.. laugh

Show me where any of that was used against the rules of a server?

It is very dishonest for you to take something like this out of context and state that

we cheat (break server rules).

VERY dishonest and you know it.

here's the respond you've all haven't been waiting for

i've had this discussion about cheating with peeps in the dk serv, yes, you may call it not cheating, we do, that would become a mess and at the end the only posts would be "YES IT IS!" and "NO IT ISN'T!" (not that the posts you are making aren't that way yet)

so i'll not go into that part

i'm going into the part of breaking the EULA, it IS illegal to do, so you WERE wrong and whatever an admin says about it, it's ALWAYS WRONG

now i'm not gonna type more cause i forgot what i wanted to say, i'll probably post some more when i remember again