Bandwidth Usage

Hi guys,

Great job doing mta, keep up the good work...plz :lol:

Anyway, im buying a dedicated server for me and a few other guys so we can have our own mta servers. I just need to know if anyone has any stats on bandwidth? how much bandwidth 1 player uses a month etc....

So i know how much bandwidth I need to order.

Cheers guys

nice, and good luck for when you do get a hosted a server. each player does not use much bandwidth at all (although im not sure of the exact amout). if your hosting a server for just your country, (based on a 26-player server) a 20Mbps connection will keep all broadband users pings easily under 50. if you want it to be international (for players from any country), 46Mbps if more than enough.

also a tip: if your wanting to run MTAmA with any script on the server 24/7, i would recommend using a really low power dedicated machine, like a 400MHz with 64MB RAM, Win98SE etc. i tried hosting Oli's script 24/7 on this PC once but with the 400w PSU it kinda doubled the electricity bill.

thanks mate,

im paying monthly though not for the connection speed, the connection speed is burstable to 100mbps. so im guessing 20mbps x 60 seconds x 60 minutes x 24 hours x 30 days = 1728000 mb = 1728 GB?

£1 per gb....im gonna go bankrupt :shock:

I found this:

Ok, after a long run on my server..

16 players(out of 10);

4mbit/sec UP

1mbit/sec down

That is roughly 128kB/sec down, and 512kB/sec up. That is on my Dedicated server, and bandwidth was logged directly though the switch in the datacenter, so it is pretty accurate.

Hope that helps ya a bit.

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=10471

Or you could get a non-dedicated server for virtually nothing (in comparison).

Another server provider that Talidan forgot to mention is Game2XS. Jolt apparently supports MTA, but you can't seem to order an MTA server through their site at the present time.

Edited by Guest

rolf=roll on laugh floor ? lol j.k u cant have a 100mbps line for a home personal pc well no isp offers that lol! i did some testing with my server! i noticed with ym dedicated server that in 2-3mins with a total of about 15players on it ate about 34mbs upload and a download speed of 5mbs about i rounded thos so thats not to perfect :P and im using bandiwth monitor pro so thats not that great! mta certainly takes up alot of bandwith but i was also runing 3 teamspeak servers with 2 other mta servers so thats y lol :P

rolf=roll on laugh floor ? lol j.k u cant have a 100mbps line for a home personal pc well no isp offers that lol! i did some testing with my server! i noticed with ym dedicated server that in 2-3mins with a total of about 15players on it ate about 34mbs upload and a download speed of 5mbs about i rounded thos so thats not to perfect :P and im using bandiwth monitor pro so thats not that great! mta certainly takes up alot of bandwith but i was also runing 3 teamspeak servers with 2 other mta servers so thats y lol :P

in some countries they do, in some countries there are even 1gbit connections for normal people

for a personal computer LOL that would pwn the uk servers thats for sure that would be so awesome compared to my 3mbit connection and my 100mbit server connection LOL i dont believe u LOL. What kinda country china LOL. The only ppl that would have 1gig connections r like us feds and members of like the parliment and shit so they can upload files to each other via net simply.!

ok laugh then y dont sweden players have such nice pings in us servers with connection as those, might cost alot of dough :'(! well anz ways i just figured out how much bandwith i can use in 1 day with my dedicated server plan. hmm not to bad 30 gigs in 1 day max! lol Definetly 3 Mta servers and 3 teamspeak + 1CSS servers wont surpass 30gigs in 1 day it wont even reach 10 :)in 1 day, so im ok i can actually afford to sponsor more clans but i dont think thats gonna happen :'(:roll:

My reply to u cruise is this mta shouldnt take up more than 25 gigs in a month just for 1 mta server which isnt usually full like 15players or so... so if u were to have 2 mta servers reach for a lil high and say 55gigs on the safe side.