MySQL help

StefanAlmighty

ERROR: MySQL\mysql_connect.lua:235: attempt to call global `MySQL_ping` (a nil value)

ERROR: doors\server_doors.lua:217: call: failed to call `MySQL:query` [string "?"]

^ the console just repeats these exact errors but for different resources, such as "gangs-system".

They worked fine on 1.4, but as soon as I converted to 1.5, I got these errors.

• Moderators
ERROR: MySQL\mysql_connect.lua:235: attempt to call global `MySQL_ping` (a nil value)

I don't know how it could work on 1.4 because the function name is mysql_ping not MySQL_ping.

ERROR: doors\server_doors.lua:217: call: failed to call `MySQL:query` [string "?"]

I'm not really sure but it can be produced by the first error. Fix the first one and see if it's still there.

The resource automatically starts in my mtaserver.config and the function is exported because it works perfectly in 1.4 (I double checked in MySQL/meta.xml too). I only get these issues because of the transition between 1.4 and 1.5.

I just noticed another error in the console, so all three are:

ERROR: mysql\connection.lua:235: attempt t9 call global 'mysql_ping' (a nil value) 

ERROR: npcs\server_npcs.lua:14: attempt to call global 'mysql_null' (a nil value) 

That fixed it, thanks. Last thing, I'm getting a few issues where it says "access denied". I'm getting that from a few different resources.

For example, I have an in-game command called "setpw" which sets the servers password. I type it and nothing happens, but on the console it says:

WARNING: admin\admin_commands.lua:68: Access denied @ 'setServerPassword' 

• Moderators

You have to add the resource into the Admin group in your acl.xml (he surely got replaced when you did your migration so that resource is not in that group anymore).

Only add resources you trust in that group and shutdown the server before manually editing acl.xml.

[After running my server it gives an error in the console which seems to effect a few things in-game.

WARNING: global\server_accounts.lua:24: getCharacterNameFromID(): Unable 

The function causing the issue:

function getCharacterNameFromID(charID) 
    if not charID then return false end 
    local query = exports.mysql:query_fetch_assoc("SELECT `charactername` FROM characters WHERE `id`='"..exports.mysql:escape_string(charID).."' LIMIT 1") 
    if query then 
        local charName = tostring(query["charactername"]) 
        exports.mysql:free_result(query) 
        if charName then 
            return charName 
        end 
    end 
    outputDebugString("getCharacterNameFromID(): Unable",2) 
    return false 
end 

It's exported in the mysql meta.xml so here's the code for the getCharacterNameFromID

function query_rows_assoc(str) 
    local queryresult = query(str) 
    if  not (queryresult == false) then 
        local result = rows_assoc(queryresult) 
        free_result(queryresult) 
        return result 
    end 
    return false 
end 

• Moderators

Make sure that the table characters exists in your database and that there are datas in it.

Your script is probably calling at some point getCharacterNameFromID(x) where x is the id of the character in the table but if x is for example 4 and that there are only 1, 2 and 3 in the table, then it will throw the same error.