Frame limiter:OFF

Sorry if this is wwrong place, didnt know where to post it.. People say I lag? I paid 1.1k for a pc, with 128mb Geforce 5200. Connection isnt all that brilliant, people say to turn frame limiter off, i have, it runs smoothly, but hard to get used to?

I got 3.0 ghz

Im using 2% CPU

Is it recommened i turn frame limiter off?

Did you pay this 1.1k recently? A 5200 sounds low for a brand-new top-spec machine.

It sounds like your connection is the problem, but MTA always has a bit of lag anyway, as you'll notice if you play it on a LAN.

I'm not sure that turning the frame limiter off would achieve much. The frame limiter keeps the game running at a steady 30 fps (if I recall correctly) to stop it playing too quickly on high-spec machines. If you have a low spec machine that lags online because of its spec, turning the frame limiter off won't make a difference because it will still churn out frames at less than 30 fps.

The frame limiter speeds up your game and so you'll move very fast on other people's screens. If your connection isn't very good, you'll tend to jump even further across the screen than before. Some people use enhanced speed to their advantage and so that's why they've forced the frame limiter on with the upcoming MTA Blue.

if your connection is bad, then you appear choppy on others machine. it sounds like your vid card runs smooth enough so turning frame limiter off will just increase your game speed. you would want to keep it on. try running an adware removal tool and closing all other internet apps. look for closer servers too.

it does...turning framelimiter off gives you MORE fps, so the game runs FASTER

It doesn't run faster, it just runs smoother.

When you have 30 FPS, as opposed to 60 FPS, you see the choppiness because the game is skipping frames. When you're at 60 fps, it doesn't skip the extra 30 frames, it draws them.

Play at 1 FPS and then play at 90 FPS. You're game doesn't go FASTER, it just goes smoother.

So, no, having the frame limiter off does not speed up your game.

uhh... i can agree with 60 and even with 90... but at its best my computer can do about 150 even (and thats on gforce fx5200). i dont know about you, but i think that 150 is no frame skipping.

Edit: just tested it. it goes up to 250 if running really fast and insanely.

When the game started itself it got to 900+(prolly a bug, but still..):

900thingie0uk.jpg

:lol:

it does...turning framelimiter off gives you MORE fps, so the game runs FASTER

It doesn't run faster, it just runs smoother.

When you have 30 FPS, as opposed to 60 FPS, you see the choppiness because the game is skipping frames. When you're at 60 fps, it doesn't skip the extra 30 frames, it draws them.

Play at 1 FPS and then play at 90 FPS. You're game doesn't go FASTER, it just goes smoother.

So, no, having the frame limiter off does not speed up your game.

I'm no expert but playing online I think would cause an effect if one person decided he wanted to let his frame rate go through the roof while the others are at a normal rate. I can't see what you're saying being true if there has been so many arguements all around the forum about turning the frame limiter off for years (literally).

These "arguments" you're talking about are nothing more than someone losing a fight and making an accusation of the other guy's frame limiter being off.

It's just a substitute for saying "I lost".

But Kent said that they're forcing the frame limiter on in Blue. Why would they do that if it wasn't a problem?

No need to be hostile because I mis-spelled a word, obviously you are pretty defensive, but I'm not saying you're wrong, just that theres been so many arguements of having the frame limiter on or off (not someone saying they lost because of the frame limiter) and also as Jon pointing out, the team has commented numerous times on the issue in these arguments.

The FPS goes up to 60 with the Frame Limiter off. All these does is make your pedestrians (in single player mode) and the cars they're driving faster. They will move all fast, and normal if the Frame Limiter is on. I haven't recalled the Frame Limiter ever making your character faster, doesn't seem it. But, all it would be doing is giving the opponent a better chance of hitting you since you should be sending less lag, right? He'd move smooth.. right? Or choppy if the other player has his frame limiter on.

Well.. maybe so but I guess theres 1 example of an effect.

I tried turning off frame limiter off once or twice back in the day, it felt like I could fire and move around quicker (but it seemed like I was de-synched and many shots had no effect), but if its this smoothness youre talkin about, it was doin a damn good job at being smooth.