MTA server slows down my computer

Drakath

Question

Sometimes when I have a MTA Server open for a while, my computer starts to lag.

It loads everything very slowly. Web pages take ages to load even though download and upload speed is almost 100 Mbps. All players in the server time out. Openports commands either output that service is not available or port 22003 is closed.

Other programs are loading quite slowly as well.

I'm not entirely sure if MTA Server causes it but as far as I tested it, it doesn't happen when the server is closed.

I ran a full system scan and made sure that there is no malware. Hard disk usage is around 5 %, Memory 36 % and CPU 3 %.

Is there any way to check if something is wrong with the MTA server application?

It also happens in safe mode with network enabled and MTA sever open.

16 answers to this question

Whole PC. I don't think it's overloaded, it's usually working only at 3-5 %. I opened a ticket at Microsoft community, hopefully they can tell whether it is a Windows problem or is it really something up with MTA server application. I have no idea how could it cause it but it never happens when MTA Server is closed.

Whole PC. I don't think it's overloaded, it's usually working only at 3-5 %. I opened a ticket at Microsoft community, hopefully they can tell whether it is a Windows problem or is it really something up with MTA server application. I have no idea how could it cause it but it never happens when MTA Server is closed.

CPU Overload are not CPU usage, you updated MTA to latest Nightly version?

How long does the server run before it slows down?

Use Windows Resource Monitor and check for network + disk activity.

It's very random. Yesterday I was running it all day and everything was fine. Today it happened after around 1 hour.

I then restarted my computer and it happened just minutes after I turned on MTA server.

I took the screenshots of resource monitor:

http://i.imgur.com/riitLCK.png

http://i.imgur.com/y79vHjs.png

Can cause a 'very heavy processor over-load' in your scripts? like a constant while or loops or MySQL connections, etc etc, check that, because that is not reflected in resource monitor

There are some resource-hungry scripts but they are client-side. Although, I do have a script that uses a MySQL connection but it only connects once.

My CPU is i7-3770 3.4 GHz.

Can be an windows 10 hardware/software compatibility issue, i don't know really..

With another OS works?

Use VM VirtualBox for test it (if processor support virtualization)

It worked fine when I had Windows 8. Although I held my server on Windows 8 over a year ago.

MTA Server are not fully compatible with W10 i think, are you running x64 or x32?

Can be an windows 10 hardware/software compatibility issue, i don't know really..

With another OS works?

Use VM VirtualBox for test it (if processor support virtualization)

It worked fine when I had Windows 8. Although I held my server on Windows 8 over a year ago.

MTA Server are not fully compatible with W10 i think, are you running x64 or x32?

Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 10240)

I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and Windows Memory Diagnostic. Everything seems fine with the CPU and memory.

This must be a software error. Can a MySQL connection cause this?

Depends of number of querys, but if in the past works fine and now not.. must be a software problem, i don't know more. i surrender from this topic

Last i know, Windows 10 use different library from another windows (more heavy or more shitty, like Microsoft), can be that, try mounting a Windows XP on a VMWare Station

After trying on a Virtual Machine, tell us if you got fixed, if you got fixed, it is a bug from Windows 10 with MTA:SA Compilation

I copied the server files and changed the ports so people wouldn't join. The browsing port was closed and other two changed.

I had been running it for 2 days now and it doesn't make my computer lag.

Since it doesn't happen on an empty server I assume there is a problem with establishing connections between my and other computers. Could it be that? Is there a way to test it or even fix it?

I copied the server files and changed the ports so people wouldn't join. The browsing port was closed and other two changed.

Since it doesn't happen on an empty server I assume there is a problem with establishing connections between my and other computers. Could it be that? Is there a way to test it or even fix it?

Open that ports and test with players

Open that ports and test with players

That's how it was in the first place.