And they cry out cheater

Does anyone else get it in the neck all the time I do, when something goes wrong you get branded a cheater? either MTA did something screwy or the person is just bent. It's ridiculous at least once a day I get called a cheater, despite me getting killed left right and centre. I don't cheat but people can't shoot for sh** and then you end up getting kicked because of some idiot who can't take being shot.

is anyone else bugged by that stupid run right up to you and shoot you with the shotgun, what happend to a good old gun fight not this crappy run around you like a moron and i cant see you because you're on dial up and lagging like hell!

About the cheater thing: just explain to people that you don't cheat and this is just beta software; it's probably down to lag or something unsynced. If they still call you a cheater - ignore them...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the shotguns, you can still beat most of the people with them with any of the other good weapons that you spawn with.

Also, remember that you will lag just the same for the other person, it's not like they can just shoot straight at you.

yup like mike said just try to ignore all those ppl that yell out cheater if u kill them

and if ur having a problem getting kicked because of this reason try jumping into some of the gan servers because most of us know he ins and outs of the game and won't kick you for stupid reasons. Some of these servers include:

The Party Server

all of the fr4g servers in the UK that include gang servers with FMJ,VCES,TLR,UVA,UK all of those are quite good to jump into and not worry about being kicked for something stupid

thanks for your help, uk was actually one of the ones i got kicked out of lol

You do cheat

I shot you and saw blood you didn't die

I shot you with missles from the hunter... you didn't die

I punched you for an hour... nothing

And once I saw you sliding around on your back... you hacker

all these symptoms are common in MTA. either because of lagging or other small sync problems. i've seen many situations where members of my clan slid across on their backs after i shot them. and i KNOW they don't cheat.

so, like the topicstarter said: And they cry out cheater.

You do cheat

all these symptoms are common in MTA. either because of lagging or other small sync problems. i've seen many situations where members of my clan slid across on their backs after i shot them. and i KNOW they don't cheat.

Just guessing, but this MAY have been sarcasm, not sure though :P

You do cheat

duuhhhh. think before you post. check when kungfu joined. SARCASM IT IS

and about small sync problems....punching isnt synced at all, nor are the hunter guns :P

ps. kungfu, u forgot the drivebys :lol:

Death_Entry,

I know the feeling. Last night, I was banned from the Party Server because some bastard used a derivation of my nickname and called himself/herself 'RiotGirl', then proceeded to use a speedhack.

My nick is 'Riotgirl', and has been since 1992! What REALLY annoys me is that not only did this bastard run me over several times (!) using the hack but then proceeded to get me banned from the server. The admin couldn't comprehend that there IS a difference between 'Riotgirl' and 'RiotGirl'. This is a real issue because my nick is registered on both the Party and VCES server, yet someone still managed to logon as 'RiotGirl'.

Is the nick script case sensitive like *nix i.e. 'Riotgirl' and 'RiotGirl' are recognised as two separate nicks? If so, then it is flawed because when someone is abusing a mod, most players will just call out the modders name and may not notice the different derivation if someone has merely changed the case of one of the letters.

Could one of the Party server admins resolve this situation, please? I quite like both the Party server and the VCES server. If this situation is not resolved then what's to stop the bastard pulling the same stunt on the VCES server?

Regards,

Riotgirl

From reading the threads, I'll speak to the Party server admins direct - either by finding their forum or PMing them.

That said, people applauding others for being good at the game (Jenn and Tarzan not only work well as a team but are stupidly good and accurate with their shooting) is a rarity. It's mostly, "OMFG! You cheat!" or "You ******* pauser". In fact, the latter is more common than modding.

As much as I love driving around rather than indulging in a fire-fight (getting owned by a stubby gets old), the cheating accusations that are flying around are starting to get a bit tiring. I've only been playing for the last two weeks and already I'm thinking to myself, 'What's the point?'.

That said, both Party Server and VCES are damn good fun when the right mix of people are on. Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing until 03:00 in the morning when I have work the next day :P

Regards,

Riotgirl

P.s. Just got kicked from a server because an admin took umbrage when I mentioned I didn't particularly want to indulge in a stubby 1 on 1 (or rather a stubby vs M4) as I wanted to cruise around the city for a while. Next thing, I get kicked and get told to "**** off". Lame. I've finished with MTA. As much as I like the mod, there are too many immature brats out there. The only solution is to run my own server or play single player. I'll stick with single-player and choose another online game to play.

There are too many issues that are affecting my enjoyment. And there is plenty of competition out there.

EOF.

You do cheat

duuhhhh. think before you post. check when kungfu joined. SARCASM IT IS

and about small sync problems....punching isnt synced at all, nor are the hunter guns :P

ps. kungfu, u forgot the drivebys :lol:

And I did a drive by on him and nothing!!!!

Anyway the guy death_entry maybe a guy in PartyServer yesterday called Death49... if so

they called him cheater and tried to votekick him.

I cancelled the votekick and defended him... and killed him to prove he didn't cheat...

10 mins later he was calling me a cheater and tried to have me votekicked... too funny

it's funnier if he is this guy who started this thread... but funny all the same.

PartyServer has a !tip command that teaches people how to play MTA. If you want to read the master list of tips click here

....punching isnt synced at all

thats not true, punching is very unsynched yet i watched a fistfight from start to finish between some dude and i think it was Blaat or BeAtZ real early in the morning and it was PURE fists and finally at the end of the fight. it said "whatever his name was killed [KFC]Blaat (Punch/Kick). i know there's gonna be people sayin' stuff against this but, i am a witness. saw it all. :)

thats not true, punching is very unsynched yet i watched a fistfight from start to finish between some dude and i think it was Blaat or BeAtZ real early in the morning and it was PURE fists and finally at the end of the fight. it said "whatever his name was killed [KFC]Blaat (Punch/Kick). i know there's gonna be people sayin' stuff against this but, i am a witness. saw it all. :)

actually i said that :lol:

and i guess i never saw it being synced before, but maybe your right...

(i remember sum1 suggesting there being synced fists in the blue thou - madboy?)

actually i said that :lol:

and i guess i never saw it being synced before, but maybe your right...

(i remember sum1 suggesting there being synced fists in the blue thou - madboy?)

yes that was me who suggested that :P

anyway, as said, the punching just happens once in a while when someone's gun gets unsynced, so fists aren't actually synced, the example you gave must've beena co-incidence