GTA3 Full Map in Blue?

As I've said before, we're not promising anything. The port from VC to GTA3 would be much harder for us than it has been with 0.4 as Blue is a much more complex beast (we can do so much more with it). Thats not saying it won't be done, its just theres very little incentive for us to do so (I don't think nice dodo flight is worth the three or four months it'd take). We'd also have the same problem we have in 0.4 (seperate islands). All in all, I reckon that LC will suit most people. Perhaps if I ever get a spare moment I'll look into "improving" the dodo in LC...

eAi

Perhaps if I ever get a spare moment I'll look into "improving" the dodo in LC...

eAi

Yeah eAi! make it GTA 3 style as we luv it :D

You lifted the idea of letting other devs do the port themselves with the tools provided, will it be possible for some other dedicated people to add Blue support in GTA3?

3-4 months... ufff

As I've said before, we're not promising anything. The port from VC to GTA3 would be much harder for us than it has been with 0.4 as Blue is a much more complex beast (we can do so much more with it). Thats not saying it won't be done, its just theres very little incentive for us to do so (I don't think nice dodo flight is worth the three or four months it'd take). We'd also have the same problem we have in 0.4 (seperate islands). All in all, I reckon that LC will suit most people. Perhaps if I ever get a spare moment I'll look into "improving" the dodo in LC...

eAi

thats very unfortunate news for us GTA3 lovers :cry:

oh well, at least i can look forward to SA for BLUE 8) (hopefully)

Tthe schedule as it is now is that we would release Blue before the release of SA, hunt down initial bugs and then start working on SA. I doubt there will be time for GTA3. Maybe after SA if there still is someone interested in GTA3 then.

I'd still be interested in GTA3.

MAD_BOY schreef:

yes, but gtalc prety much sucks compared to the real gta3

Wait for the beta v2 release

yes indeed, and the first release wasn't that bad, and i've read somewhere on gtaforums.com that they will release 0.2 very soon 8)

i like GTA3, but Liberty City on the VC engine is even better :wink:

Tthe schedule as it is now is that we would release Blue before the release of SA, hunt down initial bugs and then start working on SA. I doubt there will be time for GTA3. Maybe after SA if there still is someone interested in GTA3 then.

You guys just focus on San Andreas when it gets released :D

I really would've liked to see boats and all that customizing Blue as to offer for GTA3. But although GTA 3 is getting old, I hope some people will gather every now and then for a dodo duel, even when SA is on the street for the PC xD

yes, but gtalc prety much sucks compared to the real gta3

Wait for the beta v2 release ;)

actually, it's the gamma release, not betav2 :P (yes i check gtaf)

Yes, I know that - I do check them more than once a day.

I said beta v2 for a few reasons:

- Most people won't understand what a 'gamma' is

- There is discussion about calling the released version beta v2 any way

- So that someone who thinks they know what they're talking about would correct me

If you check the GTAForums you should know that I know a little about the project.

BTW In case you're still not paying attention - dominionspy = [FMJ]DomSpy.

.. (I don't think nice dodo flight is worth the three or four months it'd take). .. Perhaps if I ever get a spare moment I'll look into "improving" the dodo in LC...
But although GTA 3 is getting old, I hope some people will gather every now and then for a dodo duel, even when SA is on the street for the PC xD

*sigh* its not just about the dodo :roll: ... not even close.

but i agree, they should put most of their focus toward San Andreas when its released.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this still the release schedule?

The only reason I'm wondering is that if 0.4.5 is going to be released in the next couple of months, that's only 3 or 4 months before Blue would be released, which seems a little strange.

PS @ MAD_BOY: The next release of GTA:LC is now almost certainly going to be called Beta v2.

The only reason I'm wondering is that if 0.4.5 is going to be released in the next couple of months, that's only 3 or 4 months before Blue would be released, which seems a little strange.

The only problem is that we don't know for sure that 0.4.5 will be released in a few months. I mean, they forgot to update the progress bar and it jumped from 55% to 90% so it's hard to say if 90% is an accurate representation of the current level of progress (i.e. it could be more). On the other hand, it may stay at 90% for ages like 0.4 did.

The only problem is that we don't know for sure that 0.4.5 will be released in a few months. I mean, they forgot to update the progress bar and it jumped from 55% to 90% so it's hard to say if 90% is an accurate representation of the current level of progress (i.e. it could be more). On the other hand, it may stay at 90% for ages like 0.4 did.

If it is longer that only makes the time between 0.4.5 and Blue shorter and even stranger.

I very much doubt 0.4.5 will stay at 90% as long as 0.4 any way. Imagine playing 0.4.5 for a few weeks and then Blue comes out :P

we didn't forget to up the progress... we just don't update hte progress until we feel that a feature is releasable.. and the structure of development for 0.4 requires a lot of work and then testing it all at once, (another reason for us moving to BLUE)

Kent

Is this still the release schedule?

PS @ MAD_BOY: The next release of GTA:LC is now almost certainly going to be called Beta v2.

yeyeye you're right, i read it

though, gamma sounds better imo