public beta test

njr1489

I don't think this would happen but could a public beta test be possible? I have recently been to one at playstation.com. If it were to happen people could be chosen randomly and find bugs while they are playing.The only thing is that people cannot tell what is in the beta to people who aren"t selected. This could help The progress of mta go faster.

I don't think this would happen but could a public beta test be possible? I have recently been to one at playstation.com. If it were to happen people could be chosen randomly and find bugs while they are playing.The only thing is that people cannot tell what is in the beta to people who aren"t selected. This could help The progress of mta go faster.

That's what's happening now. The current release is Beta 0.4.1. If you want to help, download the Error Reporting Tool. This sends details of errors directly to the MTA team so that they can spot patterns. They're trying to fix a lot of these bugs in 0.4.5 with the help of this tool.

It doesnt work out because it will be leaked, even using only people that have been around for awhile has lead to leaks two or more times. Theres plenty of info gathered when they want to gather it. However, you can help by using the error reporting tool because there are some errors that might be very rare. Each error has a certain code. When theres testing its usually the same few codes causing the errors but every now and then theres that lucky new one. So it does help to error report for the version already released!

obviously, the poster was reffering to unreleased versions of MTA :roll:

He didn't state that at all.

It's still pretty obvious what he meant :? some people don't think of the present releases as betas.

I don't think public beta testing for new releases is needed, but they do need to give them a better running to test for bugs. As shown by 0.4, they need to test them on a larger scale than maybe they have previously, which is hard without recruiting testers. So maybe a larger private beta test for new releases, but not public. Just my 2 cents.

Twig

Actually I did maan that. I am talking about people who aren't on the mta team and being beta testers for 0.4.5. But we would need people who the mta team can trust be cause some people just can't keep a secret. Playstation.com gives people a penalty for people who tell all over the internet about some information you are not supposed to know if you are not a tester. If this were to happen we would need a penalty like being banned from anything that has to do with mta.

Actually I did maan that. I am talking about people who aren't on the mta team and being beta testers for 0.4.5. But we would need people who the mta team can trust be cause some people just can't keep a secret. Playstation.com gives people a penalty for people who tell all over the internet about some information you are not supposed to know if you are not a tester. If this were to happen we would need a penalty like being banned from anything that has to do with mta.

That maybe a little extreme for MTA. It's not like the developers are a big commercial company.

Actually I don't know why there is all this secrecy with MTA - surely this is being made for the community? If not us, then who?

@ JonChappell: common sense isn't that common, as you have just proved for us.

i think the MTA team and their selection of players to beta test new version such as 0.4.5 is probably the best and easiest way to do it(it seems to have work so far)

i realy haven't used the error report ing at all but it is a really good idea and i thin it would help the team fix alot of the problems for nwer verson, so i think i will start using it

so having the MTA comunity test newer version before they offically come out is probably a very bad idea, like i said before the best way to test newer versions is the way their do it now.

i think the MTA team and their selection of players to beta test new version such as 0.4.5 is probably the best and easiest way to do it(it seems to have work so far)

Were you not here when they released 0.4? that was a disaster, most people refused to play until the bandwidth patch was released.

They dont NEED a public beta test, what they need is more comprehensive private testing.

Were you not here when they released 0.4? that was a disaster, most people refused to play until the bandwidth patch was released.

lol ok 0.4 was disaster when it was first released but they were able to fix it pretty quick

That maybe a little extreme for MTA. It's not like the developers are a big commercial company.

Actually I don't know why there is all this secrecy with MTA - surely this is being made for the community? If not us, then who?

@ JonChappell: common sense isn't that common, as you have just proved for us.

They probably want to suprise us with their added stuff..