Serverlog to webpage

Stickybit

19 answers to this question

Excellent :) Beats a ghetto Mapped Drive Option. I Look forward to checking out when more Capable, and not "Cleaning" :)

* I used to Run Dusty's Stats and had an Automated Script to Pull from my *Nix Webserver, and Download the Stats from the Dedi there. Problem w/ that was, his Stats Logged to a Database, and when logged, there was No UniqueIdentifier Set, so the Same Data that was already sent to DB was Duplicated.

Also, the Database had no problem reaching 10 MB in ~ 20 days or so. Is there a PHP Call I can Throw to have an IIS Box Hit an FTP, Replace the Current File, and process the Stat Script?

Here was the Nix Code I was Using:

exec("wget -q ftp://user:[email protected]:21/mtaserver.log");

That would Grab from the Root MTA Home Dir of the FTP, and I'd have my Log. Since the Current Stats @ Mta.funtimebliss.com are just reading from a Local Log, if I can use the Code Above on a Windows Box, or Similar, I'd be a happy boy :)

The script has been slightly modyfied - so it matches version 0.5. Click on the "Bugfixed version" link in the above posting, to get the new version.

MTA team: Why do you erase the logfile when restarting the server? It would be nice if you just apended data to the logfile instead of emptying it on server starts.

Regards Sticky