[Bug Report]Shooting Proccessing issue - Lag related

fabionuno

Question

Bug Title: Attacks drastacly inflented by ping

Description of bug:

Some times it happens to a player not being able to damage other players, let me explain, yesterday it happened that i was being wanted as a criminal by cops, so lets sayt hat i had to kill the cops the problem is that i could damage all cops but one... although he could damage me and arrest me... that happened all night specially because i couldnt really damage him, i raged, i stressed and i got mutted.... alright it happens although today it happened again but with one friend so i decided to test it so it seems that what happens is that i was with 90 ping and he was with 220 he could shoot me and damage me with any weapon although i couldnt damage him but only him i had the stars and i killed a cop near him... only thing that could do damage to him was my fiists but not weapons i tried them all... not even 1% damaged... for me it looked normal i mean the game there were no lag at all... but for him... it was different.. he couldn't see any lag although i was shooting to the air in his screen thats hood... why would i shoot tot he air? it seems to be with his ping.. because i called trial Admin Ivan to help me test it by spectating it and sa who lagged but for him it showed all the same that i could see so no alg and i was shooting him but not damaging... That only happens between 2 certain individuals the cop still gets damaged by other sers so as the criminalcan damage other users.

This only happened vs cops and ivan afirmed that he eard of this befor ebut never experienced it him self

Steps to Reproduce:

Get a high ping cop and a low ping criminal and make criminal use bullet weapon to shoot the cop

Result:

Criminal might not damage the cop in any % unless he uses fist

Expected Result:

The result should be proccessed by the server before it reaches the target and not after prevent it to depend on users lag

Times Bug was Reproduced:

2/?

Version:

MTA 1.5 Saur 5.1 - 08/August/2015

Operating System

Windows 7 Enterprise

5 answers to this question