How do we get more people into MTA?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok yes, the most popular mode in a few of them games are CTF, which involve 2 sides ((TEAMING)) up with each other. I should have explained what I meant better, I was saying that the most popular matches for online shooters, are TEAM BASED matches.. CTF, assult, TDM, yeah, they are all teams vs teams. :wink:

And no doubt in MTA, a real cops vs robbers team match with scenarios would be fun! I know, I know,,, wait for blue, but that is so far away!!! :shock:

And to answer your last question jon, it will be a fun ride! But it won't reach the popularity of major shooters, not even close. I think most of the online gamers are just too into thier new shooting games to care. :cry:

But who knows, I could be wrong, and MTA might end up with 25,000 players each evening? :?: I guess only time will tell.

I sure hope the fire delay is better in 4.5, that would surely help things out. I usually don't fight when I play mta, because it is nearly impossible to compete with that fire delay. I still have a great time driving around and making the stubby players angry by running!

Fix the fire delay, and this game is really gona open up for everyone. :wink:

well its the truth

people say that all you have to do is advertise the game and wel see more players, wrong

it doesnt matter how many people you pull aside, 99 percent are still going to leave because of the fact that you shoot at someone and they dont get hit.

heres what most people think upon seeing this game (basing this off the 20 or so people in my it class i showed it to about 6 months ago to try and get them to play)

that game fukin sux, whats the point to a shooter when you cant shoot a guy standing still. i tried to explain lag to them, but as they put it and i have to agree with, why play a game thats laggy like this when theres 1000000 that you can shoot right in, not to mention per pixel hit detection

I've also spread this mod around all my friends, we've even had LAN parties playing MTA. I think they really enjoyed playing it just as much as I do, and with less lag they didn't see so much of the horrors online, with manhunt and other gamemodes running we had a lot of fun. But none of them play MTA regulary, even though they have inet.

I will spread the word online if Blue pwns that's for sure :P

I just heard about this MOD today and I will probably buy VC to play it! Do you have to download loads of patches for this MOD? And can you design your own character?

Willkommen, :)

very fastly installed, just get the client < 1,18 mb. It will also have the server selectable in the install, remember to untick GTA3 if you don't have it likewise for VC.

The browsing for servers is done with The All Seeing Eye

just add Multi Theft Auto through 'Filter/Configure games' under uninstalled games. If it gets detected automaticly then that's fine.

Alternativly you can use Game-Monitor for browsing

The game is well worth buying! :idea:

There's this thing known as "progress". It's the reason why we're not sitting in caves wearing animal skins any more.

Tell that to the Dodo.

Evolution and Extinction go hand in hand.

gamebro and John both make valid points, but i feel the evidence is stacked against MTA.

I'm sure it will never fade away, yet i am also sure it will never achieve the "Super Status" we all crave.

SexyB is right, until MTA reaches the same standard as other popular online shoot 'em up games , we will never retain enough players.

Shame though, despite all it's bugs/glitches i still enjoy this mod.

SexyB is right, until MTA reaches the same standard as other popular online shoot 'em up games , we will never retain enough players.

Shame though, despite all it's bugs/glitches i still enjoy this mod.

Agree with the sentiment 100%. When I first heard about MTA I was estatic! GTAIII/VC online - this would be a definitive moment in gaming ... oh, what a let down. Let me state that I fully appreciate that MTA is unofficial and beta - a fantastic achievement. Unfortunately, MTA simply cannot compete against the current polished multiplayer online games out there due to the issues raised in this thread.

One of the problems that another user pointed out, that apart from Stunt, the MTA engine is slavishly following the other shooter mods and consistently fails because it's a different type of game. There is so much more to GTAIII/VC that could enhance the gaming experience. Just how much work it would take, or whether it would be possible I really do not know. But trying to compete with other FPS games on their terms is sure-fire loser.

If MTA could extoll the original freedom that both games (espcially VC) possessed, and allowed players to become more involved by maybe owning houses, vehicles and even territory i.e. Sailors own the port and surrounding areas, Mexicans own the Airport etc, with their own businesses and gang related activity, then MTA could compete in its own right.

I wouldn't worry about trying to improve player numbers than concentrating on everyone supporting the improvements made to MTA. If the old timers start to leave then the project will be in trouble. Unless Rockstar decide to introduce a multi-player facility for a Pc verison of GTA: SA.

Regards,

Riotgirl

I think Blue is the key to MTA's future, the modding support will allow the community to define what MTA is and we'll try to be very open to suggestions for adding more features that are accessable to mod developers. I think once people see whats possible with Blue they'll really realise that this _is_ the future of multiplayer in GTA, at least until R* come up with their own multiplayer, which won't be for some years.

eAi

san andreas is multiplayer on ps2, who says it wont be online for pc?

San Andreas' multiplayer has no netcode at all. The players play locally on the same screen. It would be a large undertaking to introduce online multiplayer for the PC version (and would probably break the terms of Sony's contract with Rockstar).

Yeah, does not look like rockstar is gona do it for us in SA.

That is ok, I am sure it would have sucked anyways, I'd rather play a BLUE version made by the MTA team.

It is far away from comming out, but I see no reason why the MTA team would be unable to make it multiplayerable, the engine is pretty much the same thing, only expanded. I have good faith we will all be skydiving with each other some day, doing crazy formations ect, and having bike races up the mountian. :wink:

Rockstars loss will become MTA's gain! And there is no doubt in my mind, it will be SUPER POPULAR! :shock:

And absolutly! This current version of MTA is trying to be a free for all DM. This is not the true potential of GTA online. A big city of oppertunity, yet the focus is on DM?

One of the first mods for blue better be a ownable doughnut shop mod, cause my police force is getting mighty hungry! :shock:

Regarding your last point, I found something interesting on Planet GTA a few days ago. It was an extract from an interview with Sam Houser, president of Rockstar.

Also, when asked about an online version of GTA, Houser mentioned that he might look to games like Everquest for inspiration. But, "just giving people deathmatch, or even a cooperative deathmatch - that's not GTA," said Houser.

http://www.forumplanet.com/PlanetGrandT ... id=1557492