• MTA Team

For years we have been using openid as a login system to our wiki. Most OpenID providers have been ending their support or have moved on to newer versions. While we are planning to integrate the new OpenID Connect to our wiki we are also offering users a chance to recover their exisiting accounts.

When we implemented OpenID we did so without requiring another valid e-mail address. Because of this most users in our wiki are without e-mail account. Therefore using the lost password feature is not an option. In order to recover your account you can simply post a request in this thread.

There are however some rules because we do not want account hijacking.

- Nicknames have to have a certain match between them

- Forum account has to be at least of similar age as wiki account or older

We will add your forum e-mail address to the account and use the lost password feature. So once we confirm here that your account has been reactivated, check your e-mail (including spam folder).

• Thanks 1
  • MTA Team

Remember that you can always try recovering your wiki account first by using the form on this page:

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Sp ... swordReset

If you are lucky and/or have registered on our wiki before we implemented the OpenID system, your e-mail address might be still attached to your wiki account.

However, if the form above didn't work for you for some reason then you can still ask in this topic for assistance.

Eg. if you did not receive the message with the password even if you had an e-mail address attached to your account - happened to me personally, so I had to use a gmail account to get it back.

• MTA Team
I am unable to find a wiki user with that username

ah..search it by my email address

The reason why you can't reset an account is because there is no e-mail attached to most accounts. So you want me to search by a non existing e-mail account? :?

Wiki account : Walid
Wiki account: CoolDark

e-mail: [email protected]

Wiki account: Banex

The e-mail for these accounts were already set

Sniper and Walid, your e-mail adressess were changed and an e-mail should have been sent, if you do not receive it, let me know and i'll do a manual password reset.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...