Free Roam

sorry if this is posted elsewhere. its a suggestion though.

it would be nice if there was a freeroam function for spectating, instead of looking through someone else, you look through a ghost and you can go down to ground level, go up to whatever level you want and fly pretty much. This would help look for the people using bots in servers, and you could follow a speedhacker to catch his name etc. since most bot users chill in a spot and then use their exploit panel you could go check out the spots and not have to worry about crashing as soon as you try to spectate the person and cycle through each user. Or even to specify which user to spectate would also be very useful. thats all thats on my mind for the topic now. thanks.

-chronic

Bot users WILL have an effect on Blue. They have an effect on every other online game out there, and cheat protection for MTA is much worse than a lot of other games out there. Free-roam spectating is a feature that Blue should have, and I don't see why your team isn't adding it. Sure it's possible, but essentially your team is making on online vice city engine. Most mod-builders won't want to have to make a feature that should be in the engine itself.

Bot users WILL have an effect on Blue. They have an effect on every other online game out there, and cheat protection for MTA is much worse than a lot of other games out there. Free-roam spectating is a feature that Blue should have, and I don't see why your team isn't adding it. Sure it's possible, but essentially your team is making on online vice city engine. Most mod-builders won't want to have to make a feature that should be in the engine itself.

so you're saying that blue protection is bad while you know nothing about cheatprotection in blue? you're either a psychic kid or just an idiot that likes to say stuff

I've never seen an "illegal" bot in any other online game. Maybe I don't play enough (bad) games. We aren't adding free roam to spectators because we've got enough to do with blue without worrying about 0.4. We're adding a few minor features to 0.4, but thats about it.

eAi

The aim of blue is to create a flexible and future-proof core system that can produce a multiplayer for GTA thats worth playing.

I didn't say you couldn't free roam spectate in blue, I said that it probably won't be a core option, and it'll be somthing that can be coded into an addon easily. We may provide the code for this so it can just be copied in and used in any mod.

eAi

The aim of blue is to create a flexible and future-proof core system that can produce a multiplayer for GTA thats worth playing.

I didn't say you couldn't free roam spectate in blue, I said that it probably won't be a core option, and it'll be somthing that can be coded into an addon easily. We may provide the code for this so it can just be copied in and used in any mod.

eAi

thank you. :wink: