H2K - First Stunt Video !!!

I am just finished with editting my very first stunt video. I must say, it was this forum that inspired me to try and do stunt on a motorcycle. And although I am not nearly as good as the 'Pro's', I still think this movie kicks ass!!

Please rate my video: Download link

and tell me what you think...

EDIT: faster host

Edited by Guest

maybe you didn't bother to read my intro post, in which i try to tell you people that i am just starting to get to know the stunt stuff in VC. completely sh*tting on my video is not very nice.

the stunts might not be the greatest, but the video editting is not bad in my hubble opinion.

i know, i know.. if you ask your video to be rated you can also get negative comments. but it would be nicer if you'd posted some comments right away, or waited until you had some.

(I'm not gonna edit that post of mine since theres been so many other posts here. You'd might get confused)

Okay I'm gonna give you my feedback but beware.... It's not gonna be pretty and if you don't want to get a bad feeling or anything I suggest you read no further. I'm not gonna be soft on you so prepare :o!

Good things about the video:

1: It is your first video so you're new to the whole stunting scene and still in the learning process. I hope you stay but you must become better then this or its gonna be totally hopeless....

Bad things about the video:

1: The stunts are extremely crappy. No I'm not kidding! And the worst part was the way you recorded the stunts. My god what the $#^@#$ happened there. You can't even SEE what you're doing! This isn't a contest about getting nice camera-angles from high up but about showing off your stunts.

2: The videospeed! Dude you start your video with two stunts at places where theres a Unique-stuntbonus which makes the stunts go in slowmotion. This is so uber boring to look at that I almost wet my pants. :roll: But then disaster stroke once more, because the rest of the video was also extremely slow. Why did you do that? Make it faster and more interesting to look at.

3: The editing.... Oh my %^#@# GOD! What happened? You screwed up thats what happened. The editing is very, very bad. Non of the stunts was synced with the music. It was just plain stupid all pasted together with a song in the background to go along with.

There is one part in the video where you let Tommy hang in mid-air on his bike and you 'scratch' parts back as if it looks fast orsumthing. But again that made the video more boring then ever to look at. Don't do THAT!

Then theres these text in the middle of the screen... ???? Why did you do that for? I really don't understand that! It's anoying every single time. :?

Then theres the intro and the outro! You obviously made the video with Windows Movie Maker 2, because you didn't even changed the standard textcolours! You just selected a nice looking text-animation and put it right in. Man there was your single chance to make it look good. But you made it even worse. :o

4: The music was horrible. No seriously... I don't want to a have to hear some fake rapper to yell in my ears: "Watch the tempo, watch the tempo, watch the tempo" Man that is anoying.

That should cover about all the parts of it.... Now I know you feel really bad and you want to call me names and the likes but I'm just being honoust with you. If I tell you that this video is good then I'm lie-ing and you only get bad help that way.

I'm gonna give you some help so your next video will be much better. :)

Here goes:

1: Try to record the stunts from the normal view in the Replay. Use your mouse to rotate along Tommy and make it look good.

2: Make sure you upwards the video-tempo (lol listin to that guy) by having higher Frames Per Second. To do this you must either lower your settings in Vice or you must change the FPS in Fraps to 30.

3: Get better music and try to edit the stunts sync'd with the music. It makes it mucho cooler to look at.

4: When editing you may ofcourse put in nice effects such as texts over the stunts but when you do so make sure it looks really cool and that it adds to the video. Don't do it if you feel like you have to.

Just try nd experiment with these things and I'm sure you'll make sumthing much better then this piece of crap. 8)

As a last note you can always add me on MSN. There I can help you more if you want and we can just stick to speaking Dutch there. :P I hope you don't hate me too much but I guess thats alright. :P

(I'm not gonna edit that post of mine since theres been so many other posts here. You'd might get confused)

Okay I'm gonna give you my feedback but beware.... It's not gonna be pretty and if you don't want to get a bad feeling or anything I suggest you read no further. I'm not gonna be soft on you so prepare :o!

o boy.. will i read on..?

jup.. i will!

Good things about the video:

1: It is your first video so you're new to the whole stunting scene and still in the learning process. I hope you stay but you must become better then this or its gonna be totally hopeless....

i will stay, and would love to learn new stuff. hope that someone will be kind enough to share his/her knowledge.

Bad things about the video:

1: The stunts are extremely crappy. No I'm not kidding! And the worst part was the way you recorded the stunts. My god what the $#^@#$ happened there. You can't even SEE what you're doing! This isn't a contest about getting nice camera-angles from high up but about showing off your stunts.

the stunts might be crappy, but as you said above, i am learning. so pointing out *once again* that i still suck, doesn't really add anything to your comments. just makes it more negative. come on dude.. lighten up!

2: The videospeed! Dude you start your video with two stunts at places where theres a Unique-stuntbonus which makes the stunts go in slowmotion. This is so uber boring to look at that I almost wet my pants. :roll: But then disaster stroke once more, because the rest of the video was also extremely slow. Why did you do that? Make it faster and more interesting to look at.

i *love* the slomo intro.. so that's justs a matter of taste i guess..

3: The editing.... Oh my %^#@# GOD! What happened? You screwed up thats what happened. The editing is very, very bad. Non of the stunts was synced with the music. It was just plain stupid all pasted together with a song in the background to go along with.

i didn't sync the stunts with the clips.. but i don't feel that is a bad thing. i watched a lot of other movies, and they didn't sync the music there.

There is one part in the video where you let Tommy hang in mid-air on his bike and you 'scratch' parts back as if it looks fast orsumthing. But again that made the video more boring then ever to look at. Don't do THAT!

i was very pleased with that scene... so, again, different taste

Then theres these text in the middle of the screen... ???? Why did you do that for? I really don't understand that! It's anoying every single time. :?

now you're just bitching. the text adding is interaction with the music. when the soundtrack screams Sabotage, i put it on the screen to interact with it. it's cool.. at least, thats what i think.

Then theres the intro and the outro! You obviously made the video with Windows Movie Maker 2, because you didn't even changed the standard textcolours! You just selected a nice looking text-animation and put it right in. Man there was your single chance to make it look good. But you made it even worse. :o

it looks nice. although the background is blue, which indeed is standard, doesn't make it bad. if the standard was black, could i not have chosen that color? thats bs.

4: The music was horrible. No seriously... I don't want to a have to hear some fake rapper to yell in my ears: "Watch the tempo, watch the tempo, watch the tempo" Man that is anoying.

haha, now your making in idiot out of yourself (like me on a motor). The Beasty Boys are not "fake rappers". They are legendary. And the "Push the tempo" song is by Fatboy Slim, which is one of the most popular solo artists in England (Brighton). So dont b*tch about the music. that rocks!!!

That should cover about all the parts of it.... Now I know you feel really bad and you want to call me names and the likes but I'm just being honoust with you. If I tell you that this video is good then I'm lie-ing and you only get bad help that way.

i am not calling you any name (maybe a few). i just do not agree with your comments.

I'm gonna give you some help so your next video will be much better. :)

Here goes:

1: Try to record the stunts from the normal view in the Replay. Use your mouse to rotate along Tommy and make it look good.

2: Make sure you upwards the video-tempo (lol listin to that guy) by having higher Frames Per Second. To do this you must either lower your settings in Vice or you must change the FPS in Fraps to 30.

3: Get better music and try to edit the stunts sync'd with the music. It makes it mucho cooler to look at.

4: When editing you may ofcourse put in nice effects such as texts over the stunts but when you do so make sure it looks really cool and that it adds to the video. Don't do it if you feel like you have to.

noted.

Just try nd experiment with these things and I'm sure you'll make sumthing much better then this piece of crap. 8)

piece of crap? thanks ... very nice of you.

As a last note you can always add me on MSN. There I can help you more if you want and we can just stick to speaking Dutch there. :P I hope you don't hate me too much but I guess thats alright. :P

i know it's my loss here, but i'm gonna pass. i don't hate people i don't know. i just avoid them. :)

i am a bit disappointed.. not just because you'll sh*t on my hard labour, but more because nobody seems to read my comments.

did you even bother to read my reaction to the first comments? *sigh*

i don't try to compare myself to the pro's, so please guy's, you must also stop comparing. view this video, and keep in mind, i just started!

I did read your first post. I thought I made that clear. Even though you just started the stunts sucked, because you filmed it bad. I did not say that the stunts on its self sucked. Maybe they were quite alright but I couldn't see most of them. :?

Well I still believe in you.... So make the next something worth while. :D

Aight, i'm just gonna post here instead of editing because it may get overlooked now that we're on pg 2 8) Sry if i didn't reply right away but it was like 3 in the morning and needed some sleep.

I pretty much agree with everything the B-ware crew has said, but no need to repeat what u see as "shittin on your labor" :lol: Well, what can i say, I have seen over 100 of GTA stunt vids and IMO in my previous post i gave that rating because it wasn't anything special, although in your opinion it was pretty good. I'm glad u liked it, but to be honest with u, the first time i watched it, i was bored by the first stunt and fastforwarded to the end hopin it would have some badass finale but no....Anyways i felt like i need to watch the whole vid to give u a fair post so i did, and i felt like it was a waste of time :cry: Sry if that seems harsh and i couldn't judge without "pros in mind" as u said but just in general but on the half cup full side....

:arrow: U got potential, as long as u love to stunt and make vids and take critiscm with an open mind and not as slander i do believe u'll make us proud one day :)

edit Anytime u want to talk about some stunting MSN style, i'm down :wink:

Edited by Guest

Downloaed pretty fast for me, 130kbps. But back to the topic, I liked it for a first vid, maybe when you post a movie you should be prepared for the comments. Also, when you stunt try to spread them out though the video, you had the same stunts back to back. When you make videos ofcorse you should like them but if you want to put them on the web it no longer goes into just what you like, if you want a successful one you also have to put what other people like. Lastly, you cannot make a movie in 1 day. Some stunters take months making movies, seems like you just did a few halfass stunts and then made a movie that night witch isn't that great. Other then that, good for a first and keep practicing.

The videospeed! Dude you start your video with two stunts at places where theres a Unique-stuntbonus which makes the stunts go in slowmotion. This is so uber boring to look at that I almost wet my pants. :roll: But then disaster stroke once more, because the rest of the video was also extremely slow. Why did you do that? Make it faster and more interesting to look at.

Hmmm, i got an idea 8)

. Lastly, you cannot make a movie in 1 day. Some stunters take months making movies, seems like you just did a few halfass stunts and then made a movie that night witch isn't that great. Other then that, good for a first and keep practicing.

This is so true... Ramon and I did 6 months of hard labour on 'Just Realize' and see what it has become. A freakin' awesome video.

To be frankly with you: I can (seriously) make a better video then you within 1 hour of work. Stunts, editing and hosting all together! But it's not about how much time you spend on it. It's about how good you want it to be. If you really want sumthin' then you must work hard for it. And thats not what you did here. I really believe you did this in 1 day. :?

Well I haven't given a rating on it yet so:

I give it a 1,5/10 for it being your first video.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but I'm just being honoust. :oops: And please add me to MSN so we can discuss this a little bit. :)