What are you looking for in a deathmatch mode?

robhol

I'm kind of bored, so I thought I might try to get a server going.

Does anybody like deathmatch? What kind of features would you be looking for in a deathmatch-based gamemode? :)

I was thinking of one of the old formula; open world, small activities to get a break from the killing, that sort of thing.

Is there any demand left for this kind of gameplay?

I was creating a new deathmatch-based gamemode which involves tanks, thus that's why I named it "World Of Tanks (MTA Version)" since there's a pc and xbox 360 type of game out already.

In this gamemode I would like to show MTA's capability on how it can copy any game whether it's simple or complex.

Anyways, I haven't had time to finish it so I might just release it for open-source.

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=70040

Personally, I think it's a little bit of a waste to copy the gameplay of a different game, which is why I never really bought into the whole DayZ-for-MTA thing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting project, I just don't see the point, since people who want to play "game X" will play game X, and not "random clone of game X in a mod for a completely different game". :mrgreen:

Personally, I think it's a little bit of a waste to copy the gameplay of a different game, which is why I never really bought into the whole DayZ-for-MTA thing, for example. Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting project, I just don't see the point, since people who want to play "game X" will play game X, and not "random clone of game X in a mod for a completely different game". :mrgreen:

Got you there Robhol but the thing is we can modify the 'game X' with MTA ultra magic wand, which will turn 'game X' into 'Ultra game X'. But you are right on there, unique games will bring more players and charms the atmosphere.

On the other hand, doing clones of 'game X' in MTA will not just only enhance the skills of the developer/scripter(whatever you prefer to call him/her) but also shows the capability of MTA which can create clones of other games in it.

Thus, making it superior among others.

BTW, nice to see you again. :)

Yea, I get what you mean.

Deathmatch gamemodes all includes weapons, like tank deathmatch, car race deathmatch, the regular team deathmatch, or free-for-all deathmatch.

It would be sick if it's something other than those normal things.

Ranking up with different weapons for each rank, getting more armor, more health, better clothing (Like hats, t-shirts, visual only).

Also, earning money to use on those "small activities" you mentioned.