A strange bug or something

I have talked to a few people and they have had the game lock up on them for awhile then unlock then lock. Well i have the exact same problem and i think i got to the root of it. At first i thought it was my PC wasn't fast enough to play this game at good res, but i was wrong i can run it on 1024x728x32 with ease but it will start locking up like all other resolutions. Well if you notice the game locks up when the CD-Rom starts reading the disc. Why is it reading the disc? I took the disc out after the lag went away and the game was running so smooth. I don't understand what the unmanditory disc checks are. They dont check to make sure the disc is in the PC because i took it out while playing and it was fine.

yes, i've installed the 'audio' radio stations to my harddrive like it said in the installer.... BUT... whener i changed radio stations it would freeze for a few seconds at a time.. so i removed those stations from the audio folder and it STILL was playing them. so i thought that was odd when i realized it had ALWAYS been pulling those 80 mb radio files off the cd. it doesnt even use the ones on the HD. I dont even like the radio stations and would rather have it look in my mp3 dir instead of my copying them all over. i hope they let you disable radio stations in some sort of update

• 5 weeks later...

well, if it slows down cuz its readin from the cd, then do this.

rip the cd into an iso, bin/cue, ccd/img

use daemon-tools to mount the image into a virtual drive.

get a crack for ur game to bypass the cdcheck

this isnt illegal at all. as long as you bought the game