mta freezes on my upon connect

Guest cac.tk

ok so im using mta 4.1 and my gta vice city is the first version (no updates)

when i install mta, i enter an ip/port and username and click connect.

but i get this error

warning. game version could not be determined. defaulting to 1.0

then i see the connect box display some text as if im connecting.

but then mta goes not responding and i have to end the task in task mgr.

im not sure what the problem is but i have reinstalled gta and mta several times now

what should i do?

As you've got 1.0, try using 1.1. Normally 1.0 is better than 1.1, but have a go anyway. Make sure you've got the correct version of GTA selected in the top right-hand corner of the client and try again. If this still doesn't work, take a screenshot of the error and what you've entered and post it here and we'll have a look.

eAi

it wont let me change versions or change directories...

when i click select game path, it gives me a window saying it has to restart before accepting new path or w/e and then i restart it and it still has nothing in the game boxes.

2 tips:

1. cut out some parts of the image , I can see you have a resume on your desktop ,and have downloaded Starsky and Hutch and The Girl Next Door.

2. uninstall VC , then uninstall MTA , !*DELETE*! C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto\ and C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\ . Then install vc and mta again.

Oh ,and do you have an illegal version of the game ? or do you use a crack? They sometimes cause problems. Try playing with the original CD in your CD drive.

Edit: darn typo's!

well i own my gta but i am using a nocd exe for it.

i use them for all my games. im really rough w/ discs and usually end up scratching the crap out of them.

anyhow, i reinstalled the gta and did not install the crack w/ it.

the same error is happening.

should i try installing these programs to a different location?

2 tips:

1. cut out some parts of the image , I can see you have a resume on your desktop ,and have downloaded Starsky and Hutch and The Girl Next Door.

If he showed the file extentions, then maybe you could get away with calling him a pirate. For all you know, those are URL's to the websites.