Restarting a MTA Server without disconnect the players

You could make this if you have 2 servers for example (but it's impossible without disconnecting the players)

e.g when server 1 restarts, before it restarts it redirects players to server 2 with redirectPlayer function

and when server fully restarts, server 2 gets notified about it and redirects players back to server 1

though above method may be complicated and i wouldn't use it

You could make this if you have 2 servers for example (but it's impossible without disconnecting the players)

e.g when server 1 restarts, before it restarts it redirects players to server 2 with redirectPlayer function

and when server fully restarts, server 2 gets notified about it and redirects players back to server 1

though above method may be complicated and i wouldn't use it

waste of time

I see in some servers....

You get NT and then you connect back (in that while, it's suposed that the server restarted)

They might use the command 'refreshall' or maybe even 'refresh' when that happens.

Or just simply run a server-sided code which takes a lot of time. (Like I've seen on DayZ servers about ~2 years ago)

I see in some servers....

You get NT and then you connect back (in that while, it's suposed that the server restarted)

They might use the command 'refreshall' or maybe even 'refresh' when that happens.

Or just simply run a server-sided code which takes a lot of time. (Like I've seen on DayZ servers about ~2 years ago)

Yee it's a nice startpoint... but if I run the code, the server will only stop when the code ends, so it's the same thing...

/refreshall won't work in this case, as I want to restart the server to update it's MTA version, and not resources.

You don't need virtual machines. Just open another server with different port.

You haven't understood him well, he asked can he run the MTA Client two or more times.

Exactly. Because without virtual machine, you cant run 2 mta client at a time on 1 pc because a program will pop-up if you want to terminate the running GTASA program. Thats why Im asking for some ISO needed in virtual machine. Like WindowsXPSP3.iso.

Oh, I thought the discussion in this topic is about MTA server. Well, I suggest you to use VMWare running Windows 7. Inbuilt (In Windows 8 Pro) Hyper-V Manager could be used too, I think.