SP2 sucks

Guest Newb

Do you think SP2 sucks to?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think SP2 sucks to?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Dunno havent tryed it

sp2 messed up my brothers pc he uninstalled with the uninstaller and it says he has to restart so he does and his pc goes into dos mode and it wouldnt start up and it wouldnt start up in safe mode either so he had to use my pc but hes fixed it now :x

One tip dont install it onto an cracked xp version

i have an cracked xp version 2 and the only problems i am facing with updates of microsoft is that this is going slower and slower the last time i installed all the updates was when i used my old 40 gig harddrive that one is now broke im now using an 80 gig and still no problems without the updates

• 2 months later...
sp2 messed up my brothers pc he uninstalled with the uninstaller and it says he has to restart so he does and his pc goes into dos mode and it wouldnt start up and it wouldnt start up in safe mode either so he had to use my pc but hes fixed it now :x

same thing happened to me, im scared to try it again, my update keeps bringing it up. FUCK SP2

No problem here, an same with the other 1010058483049038085039 people that have installed it on a fresh HD. Installing it without formatting is just asking for trouble, although quit a few people have done it an got it to work its still not a great idea.

I'd recommend that before installing SP2, you run a virus scan, spyware scan and close all other applications.

I did this on 3 machines and didn't have any problems. I even installed and used the beta of SP2 without problems.

The only genuine problem is with Prescott processors that can fail to boot into Windows.

I had loads of apps installed, though I was considering a format.

SP2 been working without any problems since day one, It may have caused this 'error reading DVD' in both GTA 3 & VC tho, never had that before :P

and I want my client colours back :x (they work in older MTA versions)