Recent news

I've been reading the news, and seen things been wrapping up nicly. Walking and shooting is 100% done (or so it was implied) driving is 100% done (or so it was implied) the dedicated server is done (so it was blatently said) so... what else is there? keep in mind it's a beta... you CAN add more stuff AFTER you release it.. most people just want something as stable as what has already been described.

in short, my question: What else do you guys need to finish before you release 0.3b?

Yes it does. Shutup and wait.

Such incredibly rude people here... are you in grade 3 or something? I suggest you shut up, grow up, shut up again and get some manners.

A more appropriate response might look like this:

I agree, it likely could be released now and then just improved and rerelease in that "week or two." Something like a treat to us ;)

But, if they choose to wait then thats all there is to it... you just have to wait. Hopefully it won't be much longer now :)

the thing is.... they can realease now...... AND later... they can IMPROVE the experience... it doesnt have to be perfect the first time around

yes, but maybe they found a bug or something or.... they'll release it when they want so we can't do anything about that :)

In a way your right Simoyd, but if you had read this post (which is one example of what they are still doing) you may have seen they are still making some minor adjustments to the mod. I must admit a post with what the MTA team have left to do would be nice, but I think its within a couple of weeks of its release (maybe next week, who knows?). They probably don’t think it’s appropriate to make a list of what they have left to do (the list would probably be short anyway).

keep in mind it's a beta... you CAN add more stuff AFTER you release it

Also don't tell the MTA team how to do there job, this and asking for the release date have already made the MTA team put a lockdown on the forum once, don't make it happen again, because the consequences could be even worse next time!

the thing is.... they can realease now...... AND later... they can IMPROVE the experience... it doesnt have to be perfect the first time around

They have plenty to do on improving the mod later on, if you had read this post you would have found this out. Also with the MTA team joining up with GTAW Online, I suspect they have even more to do!

Well, it's really starting to look good now. We can walk, drive and shoot, but the shooting is still a little buggy, we are currently making that better, together with sprinting. headfonez said he found a way to make actors jump, and I've found a way to make them crouch, so we will try to implement those things as well. After that is done, we will probably release 0.3, and then I can start merging all my mission code to it, so we can play missions too. I assure you, that you patience will be rewarded =)

thank you trx! that's exactly what i wanted to know.

about the previous posts. i'm not an ignorant fool, i did look around alot before i posted this. And yes i know alot of idiots dont and just ask questions. I always try to find my answer before i post stuff. i must have missed it sorry :?

I'm not trying to tell them how to do their job, i am a programmer myself and i know how annoying that is. I realise i could have worded it differently. Adding things in is good, and i still want to push the fact that it is a beta (i dont mean to tell you what to do... this is mearly my oppinion) if you realease something like 0.2, then make maybe 0.21 with better driving... then 0.22 with walking.. etc then BAM 0.3 and add some major game engine updates, rather than adding so much at once and causing people to wait. It is possible to give the "players" satisfaction of the game multiple times by giving constant updates. (again keep in mind i'm not trying to tell you what to do, and many people have probably said something simmilar, it's just my oppinion and thats what forums are for: sharing opinions and ideas, please dont take this the wrong way)

I think what you guys are doing is amazing and a good idea might be to have one of those money donation things where people can donate money via PAYPAL. I personally have no money so i cant donate, but i'm sure other people might give a few bucks here and there, this might also make you want to work even harder than the already hard work that you are doing ;)