TEH LAGGGG TEH LAGG!!!!1

Sorry for that title.. but it's almost UNplayable (for me) do you people get this lagg feeling to? auto's dont drive smooth but they shake, people dont walk but they "teleport" laggy

I'm on a 1mb connection and i played on a server wich was located in y country and still got this..

Question is, do you people get the same thing? if not, is there a fix? is it a bug?

thnx in advance.

edit: System specs:

Windows XP PRO - service pack 2

AMD64 3200+

Radeon 9800 PRO

512mb ram.

Well I have had that problem before, but other times it runs very smoothly (im on 1.5mb cable)

note that the server could be running on a slow connection, just b/c its in your country doesn't mean that it has a fast connection.. someone with a 56k connection could start a server!

It really just depends on the server, how many people are in it, and the server connection.

The best is to just try a bunch

get used to people accusing other people of cheating, just because of lag.

mostly those people are new, so do try and explain to them that the game isnt perfect and is just a beta, and problems such as lag and desync could accure. :)

You have no idea lol... my desync is really extreme.. everything client sided goes really smooth but the rest just sucks :?

Yesterday i threw a nade at someone who was sitting in a car, the car blew up with him in it.. 4 seconds later he was driving towards me (he never blew up) all because of the lagg i get, i managed to kill him when he got out of the car so he wasnt cheating for sure.

the projectiles (granade and molotov) have a very diffarant bug. its no desync with this matter. on your screen you might have thrown a granade at him, but on his screen you threw it only a certain distance. the distance which peds in singleplayer throw the projectile. the distance is ALWAYS about two cars from you.

oh and.. dont even try the hunter choppers weapons. they arent synced at all.

the lag is usually things not synced 100% such as passengers etc!

Or just mta being rough as a dogs posterior, as it is. hopefully blue will be at least a bit smoother and rid of of the sometimes terrible jerkiness.

It's 60% and they've been working on it for 11-12 months now.

So if it goes at the same speed we will be waiting 8 months :? i hope they only have the easy bits left to do.

People will of got really fed up of the same old thing by then.